Superworm breeding help

urawrath

So I started a superworm colony about 4 months ago. I got by first beetles about 2.5 months ago and they havnt bred. i have about 30 beetles and several have died already. they are in a big three tier container with oats on each leve and a screen in the top one for the eggs/hatchlings to fall through. I feed them carrots and potatoes mostly. I just dont know why they havnt bred yet. any suggestions?

So I started a superworm colony about 4 months ago. I got by first beetles about 2.5 months ago and they havnt bred. i have about 30 beetles and several have died already. they are in a big three tier container with oats on each leve and a screen in the top one for the eggs/hatchlings to fall through. I feed them carrots and potatoes mostly. I just dont know why they havnt bred yet. any suggestions?

Have you ever witnessed the beetles actually "doing it"? or laying eggs? It may be too cold if they are just sitting around and hiding.

Also, I find that mine like a good slice of bread every now and then as well as some protein. I use carrots,potato,bread, and dry dog food. I also make my own agar formula to keep them hydrated. and gut loaded.

No i have not witnessed them "doing it" which concerned me because i always see my mealworms do it. Thank you kingonga i will tweak a few things and hope it helps

I changed their bedding to a much finer oat blend and added new places to hide and lay eggs. I also added bread to see if they would eat that also but, the beetles just pile into a corner still. its at 70 degrees if that helps

Back
Top Bottom