Strange poop, lazy grip and missing nails, help?

Howdy,

It appears that he has worn-off the skin down to the meat on one or more of those toes. It may be difficult for him to re-grow skin while he continues to have friction against surfaces with those toes. It's a tricky spot to protect with bandage material and not end-up making things worse with bacteria and general wetness. It needs to be given a chance to heal which may take a month or two or more. Look at the way he uses those toes and see if there is something in his enclosure that can be modified so that he doesn't continue to cause wear on that toe surface.

Howdy,

It appears that he has worn-off the skin down to the meat on one or more of those toes. It may be difficult for him to re-grow skin while he continues to have friction against surfaces with those toes. It's a tricky spot to protect with bandage material and not end-up making things worse with bacteria and general wetness. It needs to be given a chance to heal which may take a month or two or more. Look at the way he uses those toes and see if there is something in his enclosure that can be modified so that he doesn't continue to cause wear on that toe surface.

He ALWAYS goes to the bottom of his cage later in the day when light is coming through the blinds. He walks along the bottom and puts one foot on the screen and tries to feel a way out... he looks like a mime:rolleyes:. I should probably place a piece of cardboard along the side of his cage so he can't see out. Him and Fred are like clock work on this routine. Once natural light is coming into the apt. they start wondering around trying to find ways out of the cages. Jake happens to be on the side closest to the window. I will work on this tomorrow.

Is there a way to bandage that? I can't imagine something like liquid bandage for humans would be very good for a chameleon. I wrote to Tom Greek and sent him the same photos. I hope to hear back from him. Maybe he will want me to bring Jake in.

Thanks for the help Dave!

Back
Top Bottom