Strange Cham behavior

Metric

So I went to go clean my Chams cage (8-9 month male Veiled) so i put my handling gloves on, he jumped onto them and i put him on a hibiscus outside his cage while i cleaned it.

It only took me about 5 min to clean it, so i went to go get him off his tree (which he loves, it'll be going into his new 4 foot screen enclosure once i get it) and he put up a little fight and wouldn't voluntarily get off, so i slid my hand under his chin and belly as usual, he grabbed on and i lifted him up, he then just opened his mouth, no hissing, or puffing or change in colours, and just started giving me little peck like bites on my arm, i could tell he wasn't using his full force, and he was doing it repetitively. Could he be trying to communicate to me that he wanted to stay on his hibiscus?

He struggled to get back into his enclosure, which didn't come to a surprise as he hates it, since its a glass one (what i get for trusting a petsmart employee)

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm still fairly new to keeping Chams, so any input is good input : )

Poor guy. He wants to free range. He'd probably be much nicer if you allowed him to stay on a tree. He was definitely letting you know he did not want to go back in that cage.

Poor guy. He wants to free range. He'd probably be much nicer if you allowed him to stay on a tree. He was definitely letting you know he did not want to go back in that cage.

No i know!!! He's such an active guy, as soon as i get near his enclosure he runs to to the front and starts clawing at the glass, it kills me every time ><!!

I let him play in his tree today for 45 min while feeding him some butter worms so he'd get more accustomed to my hand. I turned away from him for 5 min and he was already jetting down the tree trying to make a run for it, the second i turned and looked at him he looked so guilty and stopped moving, but he was probably scared more then full of guilt : P.

I hope 2feet x 2feet x 4feet will be enough for him. Right now he's constantly hanging upside down from the screen top trying to adventure. I REEALLLYYY don't want a jojackson phone booth >_>

Back
Top Bottom