Stinger in Peaches tongue

Pilotman800

Yesterday Peaches ate a bee. Now when she tries to eat, she doesn't shoot out her tongue. She only extends it about an inch. I highly doubt she's being lazy, because she chases after the food like crazy.

If it is a stinger in her tongue, how do I get it out? Does it come out on its own?

I doubt you would be able to get it out if there was one in there. Their tongues are completely folded in on themselves and very slimy so you would stress her out way too much trying to get to it and I would really worry you could injure it trying to pull it out enough to even see if a stinger is there. It will come out after a while if it hasn't already. I'd give her soft worms like butters, silks, horns to eat so it doesn't hurt so much in case her tongue got stung.

Okay, thanks for the quick response! Ill make sure to do so. If it doesn't get better, I will update you guys on it.

I also think its a stinger because other than her tongue not shooting, she is perfectly fine! She still loves to eat, she has a very strong grip, she moves, she basks, she drinks, etc...

edit: Whats funny is that I actually posted in a thread yesterday saying you have to be careful about chams eating wild bees because of the stingers.

Last edited:
Good news!

So today peaches started using her tongue for the first time since she ate that bee. She is slowly using it more and more.

Back
Top Bottom