stickbugs

They are illegal to sell and ship. You will not find them for sell in the USA. You just have to go bug hunting and get you own cb colony going ...

I believe you can ship any that are native to the US into states where they are also native, but for the most part, they are illegal.

If those are Indian stick insects/Vietnamese stick insects (or any that aren't native,) be very, very, very careful with the substrate. Freeze or burn any substrate before throwing it away.

EDIT: Also, there are introduced populations of Indian stick insects and Vietnamese stick insects along the west coast. In SoCal there are quite a few populations of Indian stick insects that destroy plants. If anyone down there sees some, take them or kill them. Don't feed any wild ones off though as they can feed on poisonous plants like ivy.

Eggs. Since they don't need any males to reproduce each egg can become a producing female and they seem to do well when introduced into the US, though mostly warmer parts. A woman I talked to said that even up in Washington there were Vietnamese sticks all over because they were released.

Eggs. Since they don't need any males to reproduce each egg can become a producing female and they seem to do well when introduced into the US, though mostly warmer parts. A woman I talked to said that even up in Washington there were Vietnamese sticks all over because they were released.

Gotcha! :)
We have some here though im not sure which species... One of my companies entomologists told me a good spot to find some so ill probably be out over the weekend.

I believe you can ship any that are native to the US into states where they are also native, but for the most part, they are illegal.

If those are Indian stick insects/Vietnamese stick insects (or any that aren't native,) be very, very, very careful with the substrate. Freeze or burn any substrate before throwing it away.

EDIT: Also, there are introduced populations of Indian stick insects and Vietnamese stick insects along the west coast. In SoCal there are quite a few populations of Indian stick insects that destroy plants. If anyone down there sees some, take them or kill them. Don't feed any wild ones off though as they can feed on poisonous plants like ivy.

were in oregon and it freezes in the winter:D

So I picked up a dozen stickbugs in jan.to start a little colney. I plan on useing them as a treat bug.Well they seem to be thriving on blackberry vine and daily mistings, a couple are 5"plus.Does anybody on here keep them? Im wondering about how long before I stat seeing babies and what else can i feed them. thanks for looking.

You might find this previous thread of interest
https://www.chameleonforums.com/indian-walking-sticks-20724/#post178062

note that while they enjoy eating privot, that's not a good thing to pass along to your chameleon. Bramble (raspberry, blackberry, rosebush etc) is a good gutload. they will also eat dandelion, romaine, tree leaves

Back
Top Bottom