starting dubias

:Dso today my shipment of dubia roaches just got in :D thanks maxttu for the roaches :D, they came in like 3 hours ago. and i put them in a sterilite container it is like a medium sized one it is clear and i put the carrotts in there that they were with and put more egg cartons in there so what else should i do to get them to breed?

Last edited:
:Dso today my shipment of dubia roaches just got in :D thanks maxttu for the roaches :D, they came in like 3 hours ago. and i put them in a sterilite container it is like a medium sized one it is clear and i put the carrotts in there that they were with and put more egg cartons in there so what else should i do to get them to breed?

Glad that they got there safe! If you want them to breed, you'll need to give them lots of heat (90 degrees +) and feed them oranges. Also, keep them in the dark. I believe I only sent one male and a female that should almost be breeding age. It'll take a while for her to produce. Be sure not to feed those two off. I didn't realize that you were trying to start a colony, therefore I didn't send more mature dubs...

Glad that they got there safe! If you want them to breed, you'll need to give them lots of heat (90 degrees +) and feed them oranges. Also, keep them in the dark. I believe I only sent one male and a female that should almost be breeding age. It'll take a while for her to produce. Be sure not to feed those two off. I didn't realize that you were trying to start a colony, therefore I didn't send more mature dubs...

oh it ok i actually am glad. it will be a whyle for me to start to feed since im getting a new cham in a week or two so ill just feed mealworms till they get to breeding

oh it ok i actually am glad. it will be a whyle for me to start to feed since im getting a new cham in a week or two so ill just feed mealworms till they get to breeding

You'll just feed mealworms to the new cham? You'll need a more varied diet than that. Crickets, supers, dubias when ready, silkworms, hornworms, mantis, phoenix worms, etc. are all great feeders. I believe mealworms are one of the worst feeders. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You'll need to make sure to gut-load what ever it is that you decide to feed off. I know that there is a great blog or post about this. What kind of Cham will you be getting?

You'll just feed mealworms to the new cham? You'll need a more varied diet than that. Crickets, supers, dubias when ready, silkworms, hornworms, mantis, phoenix worms, etc. are all great feeders. I believe mealworms are one of the worst feeders. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You'll need to make sure to gut-load what ever it is that you decide to feed off. I know that there is a great blog or post about this. What kind of Cham will you be getting?

It's not that they are bad but shouldn't make up a majority o the diet as their exoskeleton isnt digestible and can cause impaction. I have never ha a problem from them and they are gutloadable.

Back
Top Bottom