Starfish Flower cuttings! Attracts food for Chams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james L

Established Member
US Sales Only!
Hello All. I have cuttings of a very weird but cool plant for sale (Stapelia gigantea). This is a fairly easy to grow succulent plant from South Africa. It puts off huge strange flowers that smell like rotten meat to attract flies. The flies believe its meat so much that they even lay eggs in the center of the flower, which you can see in the 1st photo. Whats great about this plant for you cham keepers is that you can easily catch the flys and remove the eggs from the flowers to use as chameleon food!!! So not only do you get a super cool looking plant, you get one that attracts free lizard food!
Care for gigantea is like most cacti or succulent plants. Well drained soil, full to partial sun, water rarely. There is a lot of info out there on them just google "care for stapeliads or stapelia gigantea" or something like that. If you do everything right, you should get flowers this summer! These plants also spread very fast in the growing season. You should have many pots of them within a couple of years.
The cuttings for sale will be like the ones in the last photo. You will recieve a 3 stem of them for only $4.00!!! + shipping. The cuttings may or may not have roots. They are very easy to root so dont worry. Just gently place the base of the cut in about 1/2 inch of soil. A 4 inch pot will work best for growing. Water in well. Put in preferred growing spot. DONT WATER AGAIN FOR AT LEAST 7 -14 DAYS! Even if the soil looks dry.
Only $4.00 for a 3 stem Cutting!
Only $6.00 Shipped!
Thanks for Looking!

Attachments

• fly stap.jpg
    fly stap.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 12 inch stap.jpg
    12 inch stap.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 3 stap pods.jpg
    3 stap pods.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 164
  • RSCN1259.jpg
    RSCN1259.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
1 (3) stem cutting shipped only $10 anywhere in the US except Alaska and Hawaii!
As a Chameleon Forum Bonus, I will throw in one free rooted Kalanchoe Plant (Mother of Millions) with every order! This is a very easy to grow and attractive succulent plant from Madagascar. You can grow it in the same pot as the Stapelia.
Pm me with any questions.
Thanks!!!

SALE!-SALE!-SALE!
5 Stem Cutting!!! Only $10 Shipped!!!
DON'T MISS OUT!!!
I do have other species available if interested. Just PM Me!
Thanks for Looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom