spot on chams tongue.

richpass6

hey everyone,

so my female has some sort of infection. this winter has been tough on her with her new cage and not being able to get the temps high enough in it..anyways she is on antibiotics and is holding up. i moved her into my laundry room where its nice and warm, she is in a smaller cage but has everything she needs. her color has come back, he eys are open again and not closed shut from mucus (it was bad for a couple of days after the vet visit.)

I just have one question, has anyone ever heard of greyish/black spot or spots on chameleons tongue? the vet said it was an RI, but could it be more?

Ive noticed today a spot on the tip of her tongue and im debating whether or not taking her to the vet again to get blood work and more meds (really expensive where i live). if someone could tell me what it could possibly be, or if it could just be part of the RI... it would help me out a lot. in the mean time ill try and get a picture of it.

thank you

anyone? a comment or something...no ones ever seen or heard of spots on a chameleons tongue. im just looking for some knowledge on the matter. experience, ANYTHING!!!:confused::mad:

we are not ignoring you! It must be that no one has ever seen spots on the tongue before including myself. Wish I could be of help. hopefully some of the other members will log onto night and be able to shed some light on the issue your chameleon is having.

What type of chameleon?
Are you 100% sure this is a new development?
Some species have splotchyishly colored tongues.

what medication is she taking right now?
Where the spots there when you took it to the vet, and did the vet see them?
Maybe you could call the vet about changes to her health and the vet could give you advice on weather or not you need to come back in for another antibiotic or if the one she is on will treat it.
that should at least save you a vet visit... possibly

i noticed the spot today, she is a nosy be panther... i don't think the vet saw the spot the other day, it may have very well been there and he over looked it; im not sure :(. she is currently getting a daily .05 ml dosage of Clavamox. i will be calling on monday but until then i'm trying to do some more research because it could very well be nothing.

Its highly likely that the medication could cause some discoloration of tissue. IME panther tongues are a fairly uniform color, specifically "tangerine". If seen different though on here.

Exactly, how do you administer the medication?

If its at the tip, do you think you could get a photo?

its at the tip... i administer the clavamox using a typical 1.0ml syringe. i just put her to bed..i bought a ceramic lamp for night time . tomorrow morning when i give her the dosage, ill try and snap a picture.

If it was my chameleon, I would not worry to much just yet, I would think that the medicine is effecting the color and keep an eye on it. If it starts to appear swollen, or she cant use it normally, or if the discoloration spread signifigantly, then I would worry.

I hope its nothing, just keep an eye on it is all I can say:eek:

Ok so i tried to get the pic of her tongue but couldn't.. i did manage to get one up close, you can see her right nostril..she is doing much better! 2012-03-10_14-57-43_625.jpg
I also saw something interesting..i hope its nothing, but look at both of her arms. More specifically, her right arm right after the hand. what is that, i've never seen or noticed it before.
2012-03-10_14-56-41_304.jpg
2012-03-10_14-57-17_971.jpg
2012-03-10_14-58-28_489.jpg
2012-03-10_15-00-21_630.jpg
This really has been a nightmare.

i also noticed that when she sleeps only her secondary lids close.. the actual eye lids are staying open :confused: signs of MBD? i know i'm very good with supplementing and having proper lighting and everything but could it be possible??

Back
Top Bottom