sooo He might be a SHE!

RunCode3

So I took little Tobias out of his cage today for the first time in about 10 days. Boy are the colors coming in! I got my first series of "hisses" :( Upon further inspection, It appears that Tobias is missing the little claw on the back of his foot! I'm guessing his age is about 6-8 weeks. I see a little tiny nub, but definitely no claw... too soon to tell? or do I have a second girl in my life now?

If so, what extra precautions should I have with her. I dont want to breed her, so I would rather her lay few, if no, eggs.

Tobias can be a girls name...Right :rolleyes::p

they dont have aclaw ni the back.
its just a pimple lookin gnub.
post a pic of the back of the back feet.

and by colors do you mean yellow bars?
if so, thats aboy.

they dont have aclaw ni the back.
its just a pimple lookin gnub.
post a pic of the back of the back feet.

and by colors do you mean yellow bars?
if so, thats aboy.

Well "its" light is off for the night now, and I think I pissed "it" off enough this evening with my handling. Tomorrow I will put "it" out again and snap some photos.

Well "its" light is off for the night now, and I think I pissed "it" off enough this evening with my handling. Tomorrow I will put "it" out again and snap some photos.

Well when you take 'it' please be sure to take photos of the back of 'its' back feet. so i can see them clearly.

thank you.
;)

Well Tobias wasn't feeling it today. as you can see from the fist image, he was not happy with the camera in his face.

I tried to get as many as I could before he ran off.

** He normally doesn't look like the last photo...

I'm on my phone, but from what I can see it looks like he has tarsal spurs in pic 3. Wait for someone who can see the pics better though.

I THINK TObias might be a she!

try to get some better photos.. but i dont see any bumps.

But need better pictures to know for sure.

looks like a boy - i see the little nub in the last photo. I think that calling it a spur can be confusing - it is just a little nub, especially on a young one.

So maybe we can get some more opinions?

If Tobias is a she, at what age might she start being able to lay eggs? Are there any tips to avoid having her lay eggs? I've read on how to breed, but I don't want to take on that task quite yet :)

So maybe we can get some more opinions?

If Tobias is a she, at what age might she start being able to lay eggs? Are there any tips to avoid having her lay eggs? I've read on how to breed, but I don't want to take on that task quite yet :)

IF shes a girl...
she can lay eggs as early as 6 months old.
To stop egg production, or reduce eggs liad, lower basking temps and less food, helps.
you want to feed her enough food to sustain her, but not so much she gets full. almost borderlining on starving.. ( i know sounds cruel)

I have a female veiled lily,
She is roughly 5-6 months old we think.
She is fed 2-3 bugs a day... and her basking temp is around 80.

IF shes a girl...
she can lay eggs as early as 6 months old.
To stop egg production, or reduce eggs liad, lower basking temps and less food, helps.
you want to feed her enough food to sustain her, but not so much she gets full. almost borderlining on starving.. ( i know sounds cruel)

I have a female veiled lily,
She is roughly 5-6 months old we think.
She is fed 2-3 bugs a day... and her basking temp is around 80.

Thanks!

I pulled Tobias out again, and I tried to snap more of the back feet.

Here is one that might have that little pimple thing.

Thanks!

I pulled Tobias out again, and I tried to snap more of the back feet.

Here is one that might have that little pimple thing.

That says boy...
so lets just go with tobias is a boy, unless he hits 7 months old an no yellow bars shows up. ;)

Your pics haven't shown up on my part so I can only hope you've had good advice. If you have a veiled and can clearly see spurs on the back feet of it...then you have a male. If the back feet are smooth, you have a female

Back
Top Bottom