something a bit different for me

If you breed him pleeeeeease announce it on the forums!
He certainly falls under a premium veiled. It's a shame more people don't focus on coloration with veileds because they can be just as amazing as panthers.

i have to be honest, i’m a bit surprised by all the love he’s receiving on this thread. personally i think he has great coloration, but terrible patterning. granted my brain focuses more on panthers and several other species over veileds, but i would still even say the average veiled i see in practice usually are better looking in my mind than he is.

not that it matters in terms of my care for him, he must have eaten 20 large butterworms today alone. but for y’all that are more geared towards veileds, do you really think his patterns are all that and then some?

i have to be honest, i’m a bit surprised by all the love he’s receiving on this thread. personally i think he has great coloration, but terrible patterning. granted my brain focuses more on panthers and several other species over veileds, but i would still even say the average veiled i see in practice usually are better looking in my mind than he is.

not that it matters in terms of my care for him, he must have eaten 20 large butterworms today alone. but for y’all that are more geared towards veileds, do you really think his patterns are all that and then some?

gheez doc isn't that a little too much fat in the diet for one day! lol!!! And maybe not his patterns so much but he has a beautiful color to him.

I think the pattern is different! I am used to full bars of color and he does have a vivid copper showing up as well! Great contrast to the tealish blue-green. I also love when there is a lot of distinct black on the face area to really set the features off. Any veiled is cool, but this one seems a bit unique from a lot of them. (Maybe that's the veiled lover in me talkin' but I love him.) Hey, have you ever owned a veiled before?

gheez doc isn't that a little too much fat in the diet for one day! lol!!! And maybe not his patterns so much but he has a beautiful color to him.

lol too!! that did come out a bit harsh perhaps….particularly “surprised at the love he’s getting”——that was a dumb thought, i admit!:eek::eek::eek: what cham doesn’t get loved in these forums!!

yes, of course if i’m comparing him to a panther, i could certainly see that an unusually marked one could tug at my heartstrings a bit.

Last edited:
Hey, have you ever owned a veiled before?

no, and i have no doubt that plays some part of my ignorance. i have worked on more veileds in my lifetime than any other species though, pretty closely tied w/ Jackson’s. and working w/ several breeding owners taught me much about the various patterns and colorations of veileds. in my awful attempt at communication above, i was more surprised than i should have been by the replies even though his "snowman stripes" are fairly atypical (i.e.-lots of love, about color, but none mentioning pattern in a “positive” way……..i’m getting all kinds of tongue-tied here!!! lol’ing at myself!! i def don’t want to start a chameleon flame war!! :D

and besides i am who i am…..my signature says Furcifer breeder for a reason!! we all have our druthers!:p:p

Well, I'm not a veiled lover, but I find your boy gorgeous! It would be a shame if noone bred him.

Like I said in the email you sent me about him, I think he's handsome. But nothing worth starting a breeding project over, especially as saturated as the veiled market is. His one aberrant bar is unusual but not necessarily a show-stopper, in my opinion. He'd make a great and very handsome pet for someone, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom