Sleep tight Zippy

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
This afternoon I took Zippy to the vets for the last time. Back in the summer we discussed putting him to sleep, but decided to leave him and see how he goes for a while as he was still eating. However, the last few weeks saw him decline further and for the last few weeks he has been unable to feed himself. It was almost like the message wasn't getting from his brain to his mouth as I could see he was hungry but his mouth just couldn't catch any food. I have to hold him and open his mouth to get him to eat anything. Zippy has never been particularly accommodating when it came to people - he was the smallest of all my chams (he was a Carpet) but he was the only one to ever bite me! So, I had to make that decision for him, it wasn't fair for him to be able to exist by me forcing him to open his mouth so he could eat. He would only very rarely hand feed and would act negatively whenever my hand entered his cage, as I know it was stressing him out trying to keep him going by force feeding him.

I now only have one chameleon left (as well as several geckos) and once Toby (Jackson's) is gone I won't be getting any more. My passion for these amazing creatures died along with my precious Monty. I don't think I recovered from losing him.

I'm so sorry to hear about Zippy and your decision to stop having chameleons. I can completely understand it, and know how much you love your cresties. My heart goes out to you for your losses. RIP Zippy. :(

Poor little Zippy :(

I'm sorry for your loss. I could always tell from your posts how deeply you love your chams. They truly are special little creatures.

I am so so for your loss. If that's zippy in the pic you have ( he is the sweetest lil man ! ) R.I.P lil zippy . . . You will always be loved and missed . . .

I am so so for your loss. If that's zippy in the pic you have ( he is the sweetest lil man ! ) R.I.P lil zippy . . . You will always be loved and missed . . .
The cham in my profile pic was Monty - my first Jackson that I got a few years ago. He was awesome! Sadly no longer with me. When he died my passion for chams started to die too. I just have the one little Jackson boy now.

The cham in my profile pic was Monty - my first Jackson that I got a few years ago. He was awesome! Sadly no longer with me. When he died my passion for chams started to die too. I just have the one little Jackson boy now.
There's a saying from someone, I can't remember who. They said:
Don't replace your pet. Don't lose your passion. Look for another, just as special as those before. If you cannot find another that fits with you like a puzzle, keep searching for the right piece, lest the puzzle be incomplete.

I'm not sure how I missed this, but I do think I remember seeing something about it on FB and may have commented on it then. Anyhow, I am so very sorry you lost Zippy Tiff. He was a beautiful little fellow.

I'm so sorry about your chammy's that you lost . I just lost Rango three days before Christmas . So I know what you mean when you say your passion died with your lil one. I don't think I could ever go through that again. Especially since chammy's are soooo sensitive when in captivity , they shouldn't even be pets. Its sad . We have alot of reptiles and losing them is just to hard.

Back
Top Bottom