size questions

HDTECH01

hello, i have a female veiled chameleon she is ( and this isn't for sure) about 1 and 1/2 years old or maybe even a bit older. i've only had her for about 3 months... anyway I feel she is very small for her age she is about 10 inches long about 5 inch body and 5 inch tail. When i got her she was in a
1' x 1.5' x maybe 2' screen cage. I dont think she was fed very well previous to me owning her she was about 5-6 inches when i got her, thats seems very small to me. since ive got her i've built a 3' x 2.5' x 6' cage and bought the proper lighting and a few plants she eats very very well and has doubled in size since i got her.
But my question is will she reach her full potetial in size?. Im trying to take in as much information on these little guys before i get another one someday (and i'm sure i will).

This is a picture of her in her cage it may be hard to tell by this picture but i feel she is small for her age.how big should i expect her to get?

Thanks for your time! I appreciate it very much!

lizard006.jpg

She is a bit small. I'm not sure how big she will get, but I think not too much bigger because of her age. Anyone else's opinion?

Well, I'm glad the hear that you have her now.
It sounds like she is getting better living conditions in your care/
It's good to see that you are trying your hardest to give her the best husbandry conditions you can.
From what I can see in the picture, she looks healthy.
Her casque and joints look good.
You asked, "But my question is will she reach her full potetial in size?".
Chameleons never stop growing, so their is a good chance she will continue to put on size and mass.
I have a six month old female Vieled that is about her size.
I'm not sure if you know, but females will lay infertile eggs.
With the increase in temperatures and the availability of food will make her produce eggs.
So, I would put an egglaying container in her cage.
What is your supplementing scheduel?
Can you be specific on brands please and days?

Back
Top Bottom