silent hill downpour

Ill have it in a few hours, I cant freaking wait!
I hope it is better than Homecoming.
1,2,3 are some of my favorite games of all time:)

Enjoy sir! Let me know what you think later...

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler alert:)

Time Played: 1:22:40
Progress: 6%

Current area: Diner/Yard-Exit.

System: PS3

Favorite weapon so far: Standard zombie killing knife.

Game Difficulty: Hard

Puzzle Difficulty: Hard

I played until I left the house area, about to start it up again.

I love Silent Hill music, and so far they havnt messed it up, and actually have mixed it in quite well so far:)
Not a big fan of Korn doing the theme, but its not god-awful.

I literally spent 10min+ walking up those stairs -_-

I am not very happy with the weapon system as of yet ;/
I am hoping that main weapons(like guns) can be stored in an inventory.
That said, it is kind of nice being able to find a weapon almost anywhere.

The graphics arent superb, but they definitely aren't bad.
Some of the effects I dont like though, like the the "blackness" that shines off the main character. I understand, it extentuates the fog, and makes it more effective, I like how it looks with the sun coming through the trees, but it looks sloppy on the main character. IMO ;/

Water effects are good, but thats what the PS3's processor is designed for.

Most of the areas are fairly well designed, and I approve of how they look over all. Just one area(with the monophone record player thingy) so far has seemed "off" to me. Reminded me of Portal 2.:rolleyes:

On an even more anal note, the guy keeps his belly-belt on, even after escaping? This is ridiculous, anyone would remove such an uncomfortable thing asap. They are somewhat heavy, and hinder movement. It seems like it made for a temporary "utility belt" though, so I guess that is their reasoning?

I also HATE the map system. I want to be able to press triangle, and have the map come up.:mad::rolleyes: I use the map a lot, IMO it is essential in a game like this, where one needs to clear every area.

One more thing: It gets glitchy on me!:mad: It just gets choppy for a second, for no apparent reason?
Id be interested to hear if this is an issue on 360.

Its best to play in the dark:) So off I go...

Last edited:
spoiler alert

im at a town called hill side

yeah i have the 360 so that works out good. you do get to put the guns in your inventory. you can get some new clothes where you no longer have the belt on.

i also was running up tha never ending set of stairs for a long time they got me good there and there was a part where i found a gun and had it in my inventory and i fell and i lost my gun and flashlight.

and yes it does get choppy at times even when their is nothing going on.

I havent really played video games since the N64:eek: Id much rather be outside doing something constructive or destructive:cool:

i used to be a big gamer back when halo and left for dead was cool. i have an xbox 360 but dont play- ever. i need to just sell it. :eek: i'd play if i knew people who were biig gamer. playing alone is ok but its most fun when your beasting people or coping together ^^

heads up, i think halo and left 4 dead are still cool ;) i play them on campaign mode all the time...wish i had live, but my brothers change their passwords all the time and its too much work to hack them -.-

i used to be a big gamer back when halo and left for dead was cool. i have an xbox 360 but dont play- ever. i need to just sell it. :eek: i'd play if i knew people who were biig gamer. playing alone is ok but its most fun when your beasting people or coping together ^^

if you still have live i can play with you im on most of the time
gamer tag is CARpanthersFAN

First Id like to address the RE vs. SH thing.

SH requires much more critical thinking, and provides a much richer storyline, these things help get you IN the game, making for a much better experience IMO. Much more of a deep psychological scare than RE has ever attempted.

They are two VERY different games with different goals.

RE was a good game, I played the first three, and enjoyed them. The last one, was just retarded IMO. Couldnt play halfway through it. Coop was fun though, and a nice addition. RE is more about action, and evil corporations and such. The lack of a drawing story just more than kills it for me. They only make them because they know people will buy them, and there is no creative element to them at all. This is the same thing that happened with SH-Homecoming IMO. It epic failed.

Ive never been scared of any video game or movie ever, until I played SH. The first three keep you pretty creeped out, and on edge. This is why I play them, I dont get that from RE at all, so I dont play it.

spoiler alert

im at a town called hill side

yeah i have the 360 so that works out good. you do get to put the guns in your inventory. you can get some new clothes where you no longer have the belt on.

i also was running up tha never ending set of stairs for a long time they got me good there and there was a part where i found a gun and had it in my inventory and i fell and i lost my gun and flashlight.

and yes it does get choppy at times even when their is nothing going on.

Im where you are, Hillside is a street in SH though.:eek:
Yeah I changed my clothes, but up until then he left it on, and that bugged me:rolleyes:

I have not came across a gun yet. When I fell on the bridge, I had a hatchet.

I have item highlight off, and because of this, I was stuck on that damned water wheel puzzle forever.:mad:

It hasnt gotten choppy for a while now, it seemed worse at the start, it didnt do it at all this last sit down.

MAJOR COMPLAINT: When you open the journal and zoom in, you cant just scroll around, it separates it into quadrants that you can "choose" to view? WTH?:confused: Its bothering me.

I have enjoyed it thus far, but if it gets more cliche and gimmicky(as soon as you cross the log, it falls type stuff) I will be disappointed.

Right now it has a 3/5 in my book, with room to go either way...

Im where you are, Hillside is a street in SH though.:eek:
Yeah I changed my clothes, but up until then he left it on, and that bugged me:rolleyes:

I have not came across a gun yet. When I fell on the bridge, I had a hatchet.

I have item highlight off, and because of this, I was stuck on that damned water wheel puzzle forever.:mad:

It hasnt gotten choppy for a while now, it seemed worse at the start, it didnt do it at all this last sit down.

MAJOR COMPLAINT: When you open the journal and zoom in, you cant just scroll around, it separates it into quadrants that you can "choose" to view? WTH?:confused: Its bothering me.

I have enjoyed it thus far, but if it gets more cliche and gimmicky(as soon as you cross the log, it falls type stuff) I will be disappointed.

Right now it has a 3/5 in my book, with room to go either way...[/QUOTE]

i found the a handgun in the diner it was in a safe that you had to unlock. with a puzzle. still makes me mad i didnt even have it out and i lost it.

add me on xbox dude my gt is ItWasntAFart

Back
Top Bottom