Shower?

yea its where you take your cham in the shower, push your shower head against the wall and let it receive the nice mist of the wall. make sure it is not to hot or cold.has to be warm. but the cham might panic, if so take it out. im new to this website, if you wouldnt mind telling me how to post a new post.

Make sure that you put your cham on a plant with leaves that he/she can drink off of. Leave them in for like 30 min. I do it a few times a month with all my chams but sometimes they get very thirsty, so instead of misting them by hand until they are done drinking, I just throw them in the shower... most of them love it. My veiled is the only one who doesn't.

When you do it, don't watch them, it freaks them out, but do check on them because sometimes they will make a break for it.

Oh, and you can over water them. I wouldn't go much over a 30 min shower at the risk of it causing a URI from the extremely high humidity.

yea its where you take your cham in the shower, push your shower head against the wall and let it receive the nice mist of the wall. make sure it is not to hot or cold.has to be warm. but the cham might panic, if so take it out. im new to this website, if you wouldnt mind telling me how to post a new post.

Chameleon Crazy, Ashley's right on.
Shannond, go to Forums in the upper right. Pick the one that fits your post, and hit "new thread" on the top of the list on the left.

What does it mean when someone says that they shower their cham? I've never done this before, should I?

Thanks!!!

No.

I never have and don't really see the need to do it (particularly with a veiled).
Exceptions would include ... recently shipped WC animals, dehydrated animals, impacted or constipated animals.

I have captive bred well hydrated veileds that have never seen my shower. Agnes has had showers at Josh's but not here.
Kitty has never had a shower.

-Brad

i am so new to the cham world. from my understanding chams should be 6 months old right?
when you say freaking out? like is he going to jump off the tree?
i am realy weary of taking the tree and him out. i obvously don't want him to get down and run away.
sorry i am sure i sound like a nut. but i am just so new to all of this.

I do not see the need to do this if you mist your chameleon the correct way

There are some situations that where even that will not provide the necessary amounts of water.

Here are some example photos:

bath20al.jpg
abb0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Howdy,

With my automated mist system's pressure and nozzle selection being set for bigger droplets you could say that my chameleons get a 15-20 minute warm shower twice a day :eek:.
PantherDrinking3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom