Shoulder joint?

chitzkoy

Is it normal for a chams shoulder joint to "poke out" when they are walking with body length stretched?

Got pics! Bones behind his casque poking out too much? They appear when he is in an awkard position..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 112
It is tough to see through the screen in that picture, but it appears normal to me. Even on the back leg you can see the joint "poking" out, but that looks to be because of the way he is stretched out and turned. A better picture may help, but like I said, looks normal to me.

Thanks! I was just curious because he is my first Cham and he was skinny when I got him. Been trying to fatten him up. Also cannot find a pic on the net with similar "body posture" to verify it.

It is tough to see through the screen in that picture, but it appears normal to me. Even on the back leg you can see the joint "poking" out, but that looks to be because of the way he is stretched out and turned. A better picture may help, but like I said, looks normal to me.
Thanks.. He always hide at the back when I open the cage. If it's normal then it's great!

Well, if it is his shoulders your pictures didn't show it. The casque and head completely hid the shoulder joints.
It's that white round bump behind the casque. He's been in my care for only three weeks so he instantly hides when I open the cage door. Getting a good pic is hard and the job not only pokes out when he is stretched

I'll post a pic as soon as I catch it again. It's hard to catch as it only shows if he is in an awkward position and stretching

Put him on a stick so he has no place to hide. He'll tend to want to go up, so that should give you lots of photo opportunities.

I tried that but his colors darken to much, he's been in my care for only 3weeks. I think he's not used to me yet

I tried that but his colors darken to much, he's been in my care for only 3weeks. I think he's not used to me yet

I'm confused. You asked whether the shoulder was normal but didn't post a good picture. I suggested ways to get a good picture. What has darkening to do with a good picture. Take him where there is good lighting.

By the way, some take seemingly forever to get used to people. Sometimes being less threatening in your own movements and behaviors is all it takes for them to relax. Slow down and don't reach in and grab him (that's what predators do). Also, don't look directly at him, especially in his face/eyes. Again, that is what predators do.

Back
Top Bottom