shedding makes one tired?

LVmama

Monday my cham started going to bed earlier, wed he started a shed (coming along well) today he's asleep before the lights went off.
Do they get a little tired from the shed? Does it make them move less?
He is still eating and drinking in the morning, but just seems kinda sleepy.

Light times go with the sun in the front room 6am to 6pm.
Veiled is still up now.
Panther tucked up about 5, so I turned off his light, he was practically snoring!

Sleeping with the lights on is not a good thing chams are not napping animals... well unless they are laying eggs I think they nap then... but since yours isnt it can be a concern.... how about fill out the ask for help form so we can help you as much as you can

Everything for him is pretty by the book,
4ft x 2 x 2 mesh cage
5.0 linear bulb, incandescent bulb
pothos hanging, organic soil
fake vines, bungies, wood
80ish basking
outside for a few hrs, mesh cage, misting.
humidity at 50% to 70%
misting by hand throughout the day, I see him drink
silkies,supers, dubias, hissers
asst greens and fruits and veggies, flukers, baby rice for gutload
poops white urate with brown once a week.
This is the first shed I have seen, he is about a year old blue bar ambilobe panther.
He doesn't nap during the day, just gone to his bed early and been kinda slow, but I figured just the tight skin?? SHould I mist him in the shower?

Last edited:
What you said looks ok but like I said before sleeping with the lights is not normal. You can give him a shower. The shedding will be long in between from about a year on maybe once every two months or more...

Climbing into their sleep spot about an hour before lights out isn't a big concern. ALL of mine do it every day just about an hour before the timer turns off the lights. As long as he is acting normally through the day, active not sleeping, it's good.

He just saw her a few weeks ago, checked for parasites ect. All clear.
Does the daylight savings affect them?
His lights would be changed by an hr now.
I know it affected me:confused:

Yes, it does. They get used to the lights coming on and going off at a certain time. If they can see out a window, they will go to bed if it's getting dark, even if the lights are still on.

It must have just been the shed! All back to normal, ate a big juicy worm yesterday and is moving and grooving around again!

Back
Top Bottom