Shedding lumps

lilychams55

My male chameleon is about a year old and he has she's many times with no problems but. This time there are two lumps that are almost like spots but are white like she's! I don't know what to do? Help please
ume9yma8.jpg
a9y4abas.jpg

Try extra mistings, warm water and hopefully that will help him shed those spots. Sometimes they don't shed all at once when they're older.
If it's not shed, I'm not sure what it could be. Hopefully someone can help a bit more.
Kath.

It looks like shed but the lump areas are very hard almost like a mini volcano shape I'm worried but he seems just like normal so it's not effecting his behaviour

Are you still giving him extra mistings? Maybe you could speak to a vet if your worried he isn't going to shed them bits. Stuck shed can cause some issues if left too long. Kath.

Is it winter time where you are located? Are the temps lower due to this? I would say to not mist during the colded months of winter, and use a dripper for hydration. I've seen this skin condition on animals kept too cold, with high humidity. And seems to be a seasonal problem in the colder months of the year.

Thanks that's really interesting it's in England so yeah it's freezing! I have a dripper I will just set it up and mist less then! I don't even know if it is she's it just looked the same colour but were more like spots raised from the skin ! Thanks guys that's such great info

Back
Top Bottom