she laid eggs, sigh of relief

kuskye25

ok my veiled laid her eggs, all i had to do is dig a 8" hole in her strate in her bucket and in 10 minutes she went to it and begun digging, she stayed in the nest digging and laying all night i believe.

i found her this morning sealing it all up from the day and night of laying, her rear section of her body is totally skinny so i know she laid.

Few questions:
1. how long should i wait before disturbing the nest and seeing how many shes laid?

2. maybe hard to tell for you but off this story would you say shes all done laying?

3. was it ok the hole time i kept up on mistings and kept her water drip system going 24/7?, a little late now to ask but id like to know for the future as i felt like i was messing with her to much but it seemed nessesary.

pictures seem impossible right now as i dont want to mess with her, i know shes been thru alot in the past 24 hours, maybe in a day or two...

ok my veiled laid her eggs, all i had to do is dig a 8" hole in her strate in her bucket and in 10 minutes she went to it and begun digging, she stayed in the nest digging and laying all night i believe.

i found her this morning sealing it all up from the day and night of laying, her rear section of her body is totally skinny so i know she laid.

Few questions:
1. how long should i wait before disturbing the nest and seeing how many shes laid?

2. maybe hard to tell for you but off this story would you say shes all done laying?

3. was it ok the hole time i kept up on mistings and kept her water drip system going 24/7?, a little late now to ask but id like to know for the future as i felt like i was messing with her to much but it seemed nessesary.

pictures seem impossible right now as i dont want to mess with her, i know shes been thru alot in the past 24 hours, maybe in a day or two...

As soon as she goes back up in her trees or branches you can retrieve the eggs. Not 100% sure if she is done but I think she is count the eggs and make sure to mist her like crazy and let her eat

You can remove the eggs once she's covered the nest site and gone back up into the branches. Lily finished laying late at night, and the next morning she was back down again till covering them. I'm sure that she could smell the eggs in there because as soon as I removed them she stayed up the top of the cage and resumed her normal routine. If she's looking obviously skinny she probably laid them all.

ok cool ill get them tonight before her light goes out, yes shes insanely skinny in the stomach to rear sections from id say 3" in diameter to 1" now.

its 1 hour till lights out should i feed her or wait till tomorrow?

thanks

ok guys here they are, they arent fertile but somehow mean the world to me, i couldnt imagine fertile ones, there is 32 total....

i guess i did know what i was doing after all, hahaha

oh also i gave her 8 crix loaded with rep-cal she ate 7, so good to go....

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Curious Question

ok so she laid them about 12" from the surface, in the wild how the heck do the little chams get above ground? if they dig wow they are insanely resilient cause im sure they are tiny and weak when they hatch, and it even took me awhile to get the eggs out.

This is a question I have always asked my self. The females pack the soil so tight, even digging them out requires quite a bit of effort. How do little ones manage to get out before suffocating?

This is a question I have always asked my self. The females pack the soil so tight, even digging them out requires quite a bit of effort. How do little ones manage to get out before suffocating?

yes your right to around the eggs it was very tight packing, im baffled no matter what the real answer is.... crazy little animals they are

I too was amazed at how hard Lily packed the soil down on top of her eggs! How on earth do they do it so well with their funny little hands?! Amazing creatures! :D It's no wonder it took her longer to bury them than to lay them in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom