She gives me anxiety!

Throwingstones

Avid Member
Why is she doing this, is she looking for a man? It’s almost as if she wants out, but when I open the door she doesn’t try to come out and I’m still the scary thing so she tries to get away from me to the back. She was stuck on the ledge there and I was so afraid she was going to fall. My bf was brave enough to get her down and then so I got a stick that does a Y so she at least has like a way to get back. And while I was putting that in there and trying to encourage her to move out of my way. She LEEPED down into her lay bin. She had options besides jumping.
Maybe she’s trying to get to the source of the dripper? Maybe I’ll put a hose on it and feed it down and see if that helps her.

Attachments

• IMG_7049.jpeg
    IMG_7049.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 41
If your temp is 74 degrees it shouldn't be too hot for her. Can you get some closer pictures? I think I might be seeing some receptive colors. If thats the case, she is looking for a boyfriend. My girl goes crazy during this phase.

If your temp is 74 degrees it shouldn't be too hot for her. Can you get some closer pictures? I think I might be seeing some receptive colors. If thats the case, she is looking for a boyfriend. My girl goes crazy during this phase.
She’s still trying but at least she has a stick to stand on instead of the tiny ledge. She had the darker colors just yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_7051.jpeg
    IMG_7051.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7038.jpeg
    IMG_7038.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 44
Ok the first picture I can see receptive colors for sure. The second picture looks like maybe her irritated colors like something is bothering her. You said she has a lay bin?

Attachments

• Lay Bin.jpg
    Lay Bin.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 37
Ok the first picture I can see receptive colors for sure. The second picture looks like maybe her irritated colors like something is bothering her. You said she has a lay bin?
Yes a nice big one I have some plants in front for some privacy. It’s one of those big dish pans. I was thinking maybe she sees her reflection on the door?

Attachments

• IMG_7053.jpeg
    IMG_7053.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 41
She might see her reflection? I don't know much about that, I have screen enclosures that I converted into hybrids with coroplast. @MissSkittles do you know anything about chameleons seeing their reflections?

She might see her reflection? I don't know much about that, I have screen enclosures that I converted into hybrids with coroplast. @MissSkittles do you know anything about chameleons seeing their reflections?
Well, about as much as anyone. Lol She may have gotten even a partial glimpse of her reflection and thought she’d have competition for all the good looking boys that she just knows are hiding somewhere in her enclosure. Or she may just be doing whatever it is she does. Great answer, huh! 😁 After seeing my Stella go from her usual dark patterns to super bright colors - all while receptive -I’m not even going to try to figure them out.

Back
Top Bottom