Scared

ChamNoob

well, einy seems to get terrified when i bring him upstairs near any sourse of sunlight ?. he will go really dark( almostblack) and he will on on his side and walk sideways away from the light. he would fall right off of me if i let him. any ideas as to why he is doing this ?

It isn't suggested to hold your chameleon often. If he is turning black, it means he is really stressed. Does he go black while in his enclosure?

I will agree, give him some time and space. You are being told in cham language to "leave me alone". Some chams will never agree to being held, the more you hold him if he is afraid the worst it is for him and you as he will never learn to trust you.

if i just move him from the light he brightens up and stand up stright, its not me holding him, i said when i bring him into the light, answer my question or dont post

Last edited:
He maybe is adjusting his body in order to absorb more sunlight, and turning black to gather more light. Are you putting him in direct sunlight? What are the temps in the area that you are experiencing this in? Is his body perpendicular to the sunlight?

Are you putting him in front of a window? Try putting him on a plant or limbs to bask. Make sure he can get out of the sunlight if he gets too hot. The glass window will magnify the heat, so be careful.

Are you putting him in direct sunlight like an open window or is it a closed window. If it is a closed window you are moving him for no reason because a closed window blocks all the good rays anyway.

I have to agree also though with not moving him to much. Give him time to settle in and get used to everything. Chameleons are not reqular pets man. Some can be handled but some get stressed. If you want him in the room in the sun move the cage in there right so you dont have to move him all the time.

Are you putting him in direct sunlight like an open window or is it a closed window. If it is a closed window you are moving him for no reason because a closed window blocks all the good rays anyway.

I have to agree also though with not moving him to much. Give him time to settle in and get used to everything. Chameleons are not reqular pets man. Some can be handled but some get stressed. If you want him in the room in the sun move the cage in there right so you dont have to move him all the time.

True, the window does block the UVB rays.

If you are holding him, then he is stressed like Leilaskeeper and Laurie said. Another thing to consider is....chams turn dark to absorb more heat, so it could be that the window is not warm enough.

i said when i bring him into the light, answer my question or dont post

That is a rude statement to make when people are offering help. I almost didn't want to answer you. but here it goes.

It is simple. He is trying to absorb the heat and turning dark. Like when you put on a black shirt in the sun and more heat is absorbed.

simple as that. Is that answer acceptable to you? :rolleyes:

He maybe is adjusting his body in order to absorb more sunlight, and turning black to gather more light. Are you putting him in direct sunlight? What are the temps in the area that you are experiencing this in? Is his body perpendicular to the sunlight?

oh you said that.. LOL I agree

if i just move him from the light he brightens up and stand up stright, its not me holding him, i said when i bring him into the light, answer my question or dont post

Wow .. you aren't in a good mood today? You have to be more clear when you ask a question so people don't misunderstand you. Try to give as much information as you can. I honestly thought you meant when you carry him up the stairs ... sorry if I was wrong.

sorry, its cuz my last post went WAY of topic and i barely got any help, plus i got alot of rude remarks.

sorry guys, ill lighten up :]

Back
Top Bottom