sanatizing a cage

ir0k

Hey everyone, i just picked up a cage today that was used. What is a safe sanatizing solution to use to clean it out??

Thanks in advance

with branches you could soak them in the diluted bleach, or bake them in the oven for 30 minutes

Hey everyone, i just picked up a cage today that was used. What is a safe sanatizing solution to use to clean it out??

Thanks in advance

You're going to want to use hydrogen peroxide 40 volume as well as a bleach solution. Bleach won't kill coccidia. You have to use hydrogen peroxide. After you clean, give it a very thorough rinse and I mean thorough so you can't smell the bleach or any chemical. Let it air dry. I would pretty much ditch everything inside the cage unless it can be cleaned with the two solutions mentioned. No sense in keeping something that is compromised just to save a few bucks.

You're going to want to use hydrogen peroxide 40 volume as well as a bleach solution. Bleach won't kill coccidia. You have to use hydrogen peroxide. After you clean, give it a very thorough rinse and I mean thorough so you can't smell the bleach or any chemical. Let it air dry. I would pretty much ditch everything inside the cage unless it can be cleaned with the two solutions mentioned. No sense in keeping something that is compromised just to save a few bucks.

Thanks for the advise! Im going to clean it good tommarow and get things ready

I use peroxide for almost everything! As well as for cleaning, I dilute some in water and use it to water my plants with. It prevents root rot by giving the roots oxygen. It kills mold and fungus in the soil too.

Back
Top Bottom