Sad news from the vet..

alexyboo909

So got my call.

The vet said that after phosphorous blockers and extra fluids that her phosphorous levels have not gone down. Basically she said that it's a situation I could throw money at and hope the treatments pay off but her health will more then likely decrease.. her kidneys are just not functioning properly.

she gave me the option to donate po and if the treatments pay off she'd give me an option to pay the bill to get her back or to keep trying and have an ever increasing bill.. I chose to donate her after having a talk with my parents.

I feel awful.

ohh im so sorry... for what i matters i think you made a tough call but the right one..
i hope they give her the care and love she deserves im very sorry.
you are giving her the best chance and making the right choice.
big huggs
hoj

awe so sorry. I respect your decision. You know what is right and I am sure it was a difficult thing for you to do..

Im so sorry.
I dont envy you having to make that call.
Dont feel bad though, she is getting medical care, and you actually care about your chameleon.
I say good job alexyboo, my heart goes out to you.

Thanks guys. Since it's vet clinic on a college campus I was worried they'd just keep doing experiments. So I asked her if things got bad that she would do what's best for Po and she assured me that she treats the animals as if they were her own pets and always look out for there well being...

I just miss my po.

ahh thats so sad im so sorry to hear that but you are right in doing what you did i would do the same if it were one of mine good job we are all praying for a safe return home for her one day what are heart break

that's horrible...sorry for your loss, but you're only doing what's best for her! if she ever improves i'd be willing to donate so u could get her back, so let us know!

I am so very sorry. I know this was a hard decision, but I do feel you made the best one you could for Po. No they will not let her suffer but will do what they can in hopes of helping her condition. Through this hopefully they will be able to help other chams in the future. I know you miss Po and you have given her a good home. Please know we care.

Oh, I'm so sorry....but it was absolutely the right decision to make. I'm very impressed with you for being able to do it.

Very sorry to hear, how heart-wrenching. You did the right thing, you made the choice that was best for her, and not best for you. I am sorry for this rough time, but you love your little chameleon and she is blessed to call you her mom.

After reading the threads about po's condition and just finishing this one I have to say you did the right thing, I personally have not been in a situation like this with my chams however I want to extend my sympathys and also don't let this get you too down on chameleons as a whole. I'm so sorry this was the outcome :(

I am so sorry you had to be put in such a dreadful situation. I would have made the same decision, but it still would break my heart, too.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom