Sad / happy!

Kate

Established Member
Some of you might remember a thread i started between xmas and new year about two nosy be babies that were ordered by local pet shop for a customer who rejected them because they were the wrong colour. The shopkeeper was struggling with them because they were so tiny. I offered to " foster " them till they were bigger. The boy weighed between 1-2 g and the other that i havnt sexed yet didnt register on the scales. The boy is now 12 g and the other one 5-6 g. The time has come that they need to be separated as the boy is eating everything in sight. I took him in to the shop today and said good bye. I felt very sad but happy at the same time. In the meantime i have the small one to fatten up.

This is him today.
8AEC97AF-A2A4-4EDB-94F1-9450EB441651-2540-00000795FCE38118.jpg

You a wonderful job of saving those babies lives. Let's hope that pretty boy get a good home soon and that you get to enjoy the girl while you get her ready for the world. Thanks from the tiny chams.:)

Thanks Laurie. Felt so bad when I had to ask them to remove the water dish. They had put paper towel down and they allowed me to take a small ficus and umberella plant to put in the viv. They accepted the care sheet and we discussed supplements. Fingers crossed he is not there too long.:)

Awww, fostering is so hard. I used to bottle feed kittens when I worked at an animal shelter. I would pester their new owners relentlessly...

I hope that ignorant idiot who originally ordered them doesn't come back and get them. -_-

Kate, where are you exactly in Scotland? I might know someone who would be interested in a Nosy Be cham

Wonderful job, by the way!:D

Aw Kate you have done such a fantastic job with them :) I really doubt they would have survived at the shop or with a newbie owner, well done!!! It must've been so hard to put him back, can you not just keep them???

Kate, where are you exactly in Scotland? I might know someone who would be interested in a Nosy Be cham

Wonderful job, by the way!:D
Kate is the nurse I told you about who I got my last batch of silkworms from too......I'll definitely be ordering again if there is another batch......top notch worms.....

Thanks. Aberdeen

Nice work on the lizard front as well Kate.....good stuff! :)

Thanks all . I feel quite overwhelmed at your kind words. I would have loved to have keep them. They will come on to your finger, so very friendly. I will try and post a pic of the remaining one to see what sex it is soon. Thanks again.

David I have 15 cocoons so here's hoping.:D

Much applause to you.....you have done a great job with both and thank you for the rescue...lets hope that they go to someone that is as good with them a you were and are with the other still.

Back
Top Bottom