Rubbing foot

Potatoguineapig

My veiled chameleon is about a year old and about two days ago she started rubbing her front foot on branches and leaves and it looks a tad bit swollen. She lost two of her claws on that foot about 4 months ago and I was wondering if it was a infection. There appears to be no skin from her previous shed left on it. I fed her mealworms gut loaded with honey (a natural antiseptic) just a few minutes ago and I am hoping it helps. Nothing is black on her foot but it looks like it really bothers her. Any thoughts?

Can you post a pic? If it truly is some sort of infection, she will most likely need to be seen by a vet and given an anti biotic of some sort. I don't think the honey is going to cut it.

Can you post a pic? If it truly is some sort of infection, she will most likely need to be seen by a vet and given an anti biotic of some sort. I don't think the honey is going to cut it.

I agree. Once an infection has set in, it most often requires antibiotics before it gets into the bones--which is less often successfully treated.

My cham had a puffy foot after losing a nail. Luckily, it puffed up pretty quickly, so I noticed it. Took her to the vet where they expressed some pus out, which isn't easy in a cham, as apparently it's very thick stuff. Antibiotics, and she was right as rain in no time. It's the most common problem they see apparently. So, take your cham in asap before it gets any worse.
I'm sure he'll be OK after that.

Back
Top Bottom