Round lump on back :(

TheLizardofOz

My Jacksons chameleon has a round lump on his back. I found out I have been giving him too much calcium, (I dust his crickets every day) and wonder if that could possibly cause this lump?

Fearing it could be something more serious :(
It does not cause him pain, he is sleeping right now or i'd take a photo for you all. There are no vets in my area who work on reptile or exotic creatures. So this is where I really need your guys' help!

I know you said there are no vets in the area but you might have no choice, even if it requires longer drive. Bumps can mean parasites, an abscess due to infection, or maybe a tumor. Not trying to scare you but this must be mentioned.

My Jacksons chameleon has a round lump on his back. I found out I have been giving him too much calcium, (I dust his crickets every day) and wonder if that could possibly cause this lump?

Fearing it could be something more serious :(
It does not cause him pain, he is sleeping right now or i'd take a photo for you all. There are no vets in my area who work on reptile or exotic creatures. So this is where I really need your guys' help!

What type of calcium were you using every day? If it was plain calcium with no added vitamins, you are OK. They should get some plain calcium dust daily. If the dust you were using contained vitamin D3, you should only use that twice a month.

Lumps can be abscesses or cysts under the skin, some sort of bone deformation, a healed fracture, or a parasitic worm curled up under the skin. Without a picture its impossible to say.

Back
Top Bottom