Rip rex!

Leedslad88

Despite a lot of vets visits and doing everything i could for him my Male Veiled who was a little over 4 years has sadly passed away.....

I have had him since he was 6months old and this is my 1st cham to pass away in my care. The vet and myself think that it was due to his ages. A week ago he just gave up on the will to live.

RIP Rex... WIll be sadly missed :(

Just a question for some of the senior guys on here.....

How long do the male Veiled live in captivity.... I just want to make sure my husbandary is the best it can be as i still have three panther and a couple of carpet chams.

Thanks for your comments.

It is just such an awful feeling to lose a precious chameleon. He had a good long life with you though and has left you with plenty of happy memories and phtos. I know just how it feels to lose your first (and most special) chameleon. Thinking of you, Tiff.

Just a question for some of the senior guys on here.....

How long do the male Veiled live in captivity.... I just want to make sure my husbandary is the best it can be as i still have three panther and a couple of carpet chams.

Thanks for your comments.

Some live to 6, 7 or even 8 years.

Some live to 6, 7 or even 8 years.

Ok thanks, i suppose i could do with adjusting my schedule then as he should of perhaps had a fuller life but not much i can do about it now. I have has my panthers for 2.5 years and they semm to be doing really well so did Rex i have never had an issue with him up until now!

Such a hard thing to see is a cham thats not well!!!!

Trouble is, they are so good at hiding any illness and by the time they begin to show outward signs, then they are usually pretty sick already. My first cham, Lily, started closing her eyes on the Monday and had a couple of vet visits but sadly she died only 5 days later. It is heartbreaking.:(

Trouble is, they are so good at hiding any illness and by the time they begin to show outward signs, then they are usually pretty sick already. My first cham, Lily, started closing her eyes on the Monday and had a couple of vet visits but sadly she died only 5 days later. It is heartbreaking.:(

Thats very similar to what happened to my Rex.... It doesnt seem two minutes since he was fine and running free in the shower room!

Back
Top Bottom