researching for new cham

crystal9534

so we've had veiled chams and we're thinking about getting another cham, possibly something other than a veiled. what's the next easiest to research and care for? we already have a cage and gonna receive an extra nozzle for the mister. we also have a repti-fogger, so if it needs fog for extra humidity, we have that as well. we would like a veiled size or smaller. any suggestions?

Welcome back to the world of chameleons. I would recommend a panther. Their care is about like a veiled, just lower temps and higher humidity. Foggers are not recommended for chameleons. If you have a problem keeping up the humidity then use a humidifier. I'm attaching my blog for new keepers below so you can make sure to get everything correct for your new cham.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Last edited:
I 2nd panther, for one they are one of the most commonly captive bred and there's a lot of info on them, also like jann said they're pretty close to veileds care wise.

We have a mistking that goes off three times a day for a minute and a half and they both have shower curtains that wrap around three sides. They have live ficus trees. Is that enough humidity? Or should we get the humidifier for the panther?

Last edited:
we ended up getting a little girl veiled. her name is abigail. she's so sweet and calm and doesn't mind being handled at all. she showed us at the pet store that she likes to drink out of a bowl, so she has a dish in her cage with her dripper dropping onto a leaf and into the bowl. now we're just waiting for the extra nozzle to arrive and she'll be set!

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of Abigail. I just love veileds. I have 3 Luie, Camille and their daughter Elly.

We have a mistking that goes off three times a day for a minute and a half and they both have shower curtains that wrap around three sides. They have live ficus trees. Is that enough humidity? Or should we get the humidifier for the panther?

I would do a trial run and see what your humidity is with the mister going off and see what it goes down to and how long it takes to go down. You can also run a dripper which helps with the humidity also. A 50% plus humidity is a good median. Then decide if you need the humidifier.

I would be careful using the bowl unless it dries out once per day. Warm water is really good for bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom