Repti Fogger

Goatsniper

I bought one of these guys a few weeks ago before researching it cuz the dude at the pet store swore by it, saying he used it on all his reptiles including his tree pythons and stuff. Well it worked great until it started to make noise. So like a good problem solver, I unplugged it and took it apart. Very interesting design, and very interesting the electronic components were not labeled well. I found the problem and I fixed it, but this was after I accidently bumped a capacitor or somthing and got zapped so hard I almost pooped my pants. So heads up, if you try to take this thing apart. Electrical safety! The problem was the fan. It seems as if they use one of the cheaper kinds of computer fans inside to keep the motor cool. The fan was making the noise, so I manipulated it so that it does not. I will be purchasing one of the human siezed humidifiers and retro fitting it for a cham cage as soon as i get payed. I dont trust these little Repti Foggers. If that fan fails, and it burns up and starts a fire, Im gonna be very angry. Im monitoring it closely now until I get paid and I will go get the humidifier from walgreens. Just thought I would share my shock story. cheers.

I bought one of these guys a few weeks ago before researching it cuz the dude at the pet store swore by it, saying he used it on all his reptiles including his tree pythons and stuff. Well it worked great until it started to make noise. So like a good problem solver, I unplugged it and took it apart. Very interesting design, and very interesting the electronic components were not labeled well. I found the problem and I fixed it, but this was after I accidently bumped a capacitor or somthing and got zapped so hard I almost pooped my pants. So heads up, if you try to take this thing apart. Electrical safety! The problem was the fan. It seems as if they use one of the cheaper kinds of computer fans inside to keep the motor cool. The fan was making the noise, so I manipulated it so that it does not. I will be purchasing one of the human siezed humidifiers and retro fitting it for a cham cage as soon as i get payed. I dont trust these little Repti Foggers. If that fan fails, and it burns up and starts a fire, Im gonna be very angry. Im monitoring it closely now until I get paid and I will go get the humidifier from walgreens. Just thought I would share my shock story. cheers.

i laughed a little when you said you almost pooped your pants lol.... sounds like you have a good plan :) let us know how well it works :)

i laughed a little when you said you almost pooped your pants lol.... sounds like you have a good plan :) let us know how well it works :)

Lol yeah that made me chuckle. But I heard someone on the forum that went to CVS Pharmacy and bought a little 20 dollar cool air humidifier and they use that and it works great. All they did was attach the hose to it and it was the same thing as the Repti-Fogger

hahaha I'm having the same problem, and while I was reading it out loud my girlfriend starting laughing too. So do all the human air humidifiers usually come with one of the hoses? It would be nice to have something bigger than the crappy liter bottle with the reptifogger. I saw a sweet honeywell design on youtube I might try.

Calypso, theres a video on You Tube on how to construct a chameleon humidifier. The kid is great, and explains every step. It requires the $40 micro humidifier from Walgreens (its walgreens brand), some tubing from Home Depot, and some kind of epoxy stuff. Check it out, im gonna do it exactly how he did, because I saw a Jackson breeder with the exact same setup.

Lol yeah that made me chuckle. But I heard someone on the forum that went to CVS Pharmacy and bought a little 20 dollar cool air humidifier and they use that and it works great. All they did was attach the hose to it and it was the same thing as the Repti-Fogger

i did the same thing

Calypso, theres a video on You Tube on how to construct a chameleon humidifier. The kid is great, and explains every step. It requires the $40 micro humidifier from Walgreens (its walgreens brand), some tubing from Home Depot, and some kind of epoxy stuff. Check it out, im gonna do it exactly how he did, because I saw a Jackson breeder with the exact same setup.

Was that the clip on u tube? I think his name was jdog something but yea that seems to work really well, I don't have any humidifiers for my jacksons tho tbh and don't have any problems

Zoomed will send you a free replacement fan if you call them. They sent me two and they are just about ready for another replacement. The design is great but the fans are the weak link. The fans will usually last about 3 months, after that they make grinding noises and just plain fail. Zoomed knows of this issue, unfortunately their quality isn't there in this product. I use two of the reptifoggers and have replaced the fans multiple times.

Stupid question but is it possible to wire up a computer fan in there or a laptop fan instead? That wouldnt break all the time

I've never seen it yet, but from the description goatsniper gave is sounds like it's the same thing. Thanks for the tip Patrick. I'll give them a shout, and get a new one. However, now that I have building one on my mind the reptifogger really could use some help any way.

my repti fogger works fine :D
I've had it for a few months never had any issues i only turn it on 2 times a day for a couple of hours.
maybe you got a faulty one.

I accidently bumped a capacitor or somthing and got zapped so hard I almost pooped my pants. So heads up, if you try to take this thing apart. Electrical safety!

LMFAO! Gotta good laugh outta me. why didnt you record yourself while doing this?

ataraxia, I had no idea that I was gonna tap into it. Not nearly as bad as last summer in the middle east when I got hit with 1000v. That sucked.

Omai, so here it is. Even IF you think there is no need to video yourself while messing around with electrical..DO IT ANYWAYS!! I think it is a forum rule or something.

Zoomed will send you a free replacement fan if you call them. They sent me two and they are just about ready for another replacement. The design is great but the fans are the weak link. The fans will usually last about 3 months, after that they make grinding noises and just plain fail. Zoomed knows of this issue, unfortunately their quality isn't there in this product. I use two of the reptifoggers and have replaced the fans multiple times.

My wife threw out the reciept. Their policy is you have to send it in too and they told me that it takes up up to 6 weeks. Id rather just spend another $40 and get one designed well. But im gonna miss the blue glowing light and the sweet little tube .

And i thiught the same thing about the computer fan i tried bypassing the fan but it wouldnt turn on and the resistsnce of the fan isnt listed so i dont know how to make a complete circuit without risking burning stuff up. And the wires are fatter than a computer fan.:(

Back
Top Bottom