Related chameleons?

robcam

Well since my thread got erased ill ask my question here.

If i get a pair chams from flchams, will they be from the same clutch? Im askingcause im intersted in eventually breeding them. Or would i be better off ordering chams from 2 differnent breeders ie: northwest and flchams one from each?

You can't check their sires? I imagine if they are the same locale and same age they'd be related. Unless it tells you their parents, then you know!

I just ordered my lady -veiled-from chams northwest and I'm in south carolina and she got here absolutely fine. and shes just lovely.

You can't check their sires? I imagine if they are the same locale and same age they'd be related. Unless it tells you their parents, then you know!

Unless the parents are closely related (IE, fathers are brothers or something). Seems many breeders only list fathers, not mothers... Of course if they were hatched at the same time from different fathers, it would seem reasonable to suspect different mothers as well :)

Well since my thread got erased ill ask my question here.

If i get a pair chams from flchams, will they be from the same clutch? Im askingcause im intersted in eventually breeding them. Or would i be better off ordering chams from 2 differnent breeders ie: northwest and flchams one from each?

My personal preference would be to order from two different lines from the same or different breeder who can trace the parents back to wild caught.

The reason is that there is so much trading and movement a breeder may not even be fully aware they are breeding closely related individuals.

So basically I don't think it maters if you are ordering from one or two different breeders as long as the lineage can be traced back to wild caught for each parent. (and they aren't the same lineage!)

Of course there is always risk and chance and it probably isn't bad to breed a pair that shared sire a few generations back, but I am talking about the ideal.

Back
Top Bottom