Receptive Again?!?

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
So my Female Vieled layed her first batch of egg (infertile) on Jan 20th of this year. Shes been doing great and shes been a very pretty lady. Shes rude but i respect her lol. Well its now April, ive never bred her and ive fed her 8 large crickets every other day with the usual dusting of supplements and gut loading. Well last week i saw some colors ive seen before....her receptive colors. grant it I just got her a nice new big plant and shes been loving that, she used to be to my knowledge slightly stressed out because she was out in the open. But when we got her a new plant her color has changed to a non stressed tone. Well she had her bright green with teal and yellow spots. Shes crawling all over the place....so that tells me it might be time soon? Shes not even fat or remotely that big as she was last time. Do they lay eggs that fast back to back?

Are you ready?
They can usually be slowed down or even stopped by controlling their diet and lowering the temperature in the basking area a couple of degrees a couple of days after the clutch is laid.

Are you ready?
They can usually be slowed down or even stopped by controlling their diet and lowering the temperature in the basking area a couple of degrees a couple of days after the clutch is laid.

I am ready, she laid her first cluth fine, i did read the blog about lowering the temps, which i did by lowering the branch. Also I cut her eating alot, i used to give 10 crickets every other day but now i give her 8 3 days in the week. Shes really healthy but now shes roaming all over the cage. Give her supplements like i should, I've had her for a year now and shes been fine. Her laying bin worked out great last time,

I usually recommend starting the "diet" a couple of days after a clutch is laid so eggs that are already being produced get what they need to produce the eggs properly.

Back
Top Bottom