R.I.P Lucky

Eszzie

about 2 weeks ago i posted that my veiled had an tongue problem. He was bitten in his tongue by a Pachnoda marginata larva. The wound on his tongue became an infection, we brought him to a vet and we gave him anti-biotics and some ointment for the pain. the anti-biotics helped and the infection was slowly going away. At some point my veiled decided he had enough of it and bit of part of his tongue that was infected. We brought him to the vet again for surgery and he amputated the rest of the tongue. The surgery went well and he looked okay when we picked him up yesterday. When the lights in his terrarium went off i started to worry, he didn't go to sleep and stayed at the same spot, not quite at rest. This morning he was more dead then alive...His paws were all contorted and I took him out, placed him on my hand and started rubbing his paws. He started movind a bit and was hoping he would stay with me...a few moments later he started vibrating a bit and stopped moving..He died in my hands..Some chameleons can't be replaced and this one was very special to me. I noticed in the US the veiled look more like him but in my country he was one of a kind. Everyone told me they have never seen a veiled with these bright colors and big casque. He was a special little guy...

Rest in peace my little buddy...

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_2528-1.jpg

That`s just awful !! I`m so sorry for your loss. The poor little fella had fought through so much too. :(

Im so sorry. It hurts to see a beautiful chameleon not being able to pull through. You did the best you could, and now he is up there. RIP buddy.

Oh Eszzie I am so sorry about your loss, my heart goes out to you. Just know you did the best you could.

Bless your heart

Hi Eszzi,

I'm heart sick at your tragic loss. Your baby looks just like my little Marty. It is amazing how much love and tenderness someone like you invests in these wonderful little creatures. You said it best when you said they can't be replaced. Each one is a treasure... a gift from God, a one of a kind.

I can't help but wonder, however, if there isn't a new baby out there somewhere who needs a loving Eszzie to care for them? Sometimes the best salve for a broken heart is a new life which needs loving care.

May you find comfort in your grief.

John

Thanks so much for all your responds.

John, you're right, I still have some other chameleons to take care of but this was my first chameleon. A little guy that I've been through a lot, lots of memories. I still hope I will find a special veiled like him again but for now I'm not going to look for it. If I would find a special veiled again,we would find each other I guess ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's always really hard to loose the first chameleon you had. I'm sure he knew that you did the best you could for him and that he appreciated it.

so sad!!! mine is ill at the moment and i do NOT want to face the same thing as you, especially since I raised him since he was only 4 weeks old!!!

How old was yours? Poor little guy...he was very nice.

Eszzie - It is never easy to lose a great friend - You did everything that you could to help him> You will always have your fond memories!! Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom