R.I.P. Kahuna :(

TikiTimer

HI, I just had a couple of questions, My Vieled Chameleon just died Tuesday... I am going to get another Chameleon...But I wondered if Panther Cham's were harder to take care of than the veilds.

We had Kahuna for 4 years and he was a year old when we got him....Its really sad...I want another one to take his SPACE....Cuz none could take his place...But I cant stand seeing the empty cage and not turning the light on in the cage everyday and everything else...Which brings me to my next question...I am using the same cage he was in, So how do I disenfect it?

Thanks

i treat panther the same way with veiled with the exception of slightly colder temp and slightly more humidity (not too much).

Sorry for your loss.
You can disinfect the cage by washing it with solution of 10:1 Water:Bleach ratio. Leave it for 30 minutes, and then wash it real good until no bleach fumes detected.

Also a good idea to let it in the sun to dry.

5 years is quite respectable tho! Im sure he had a fantastic life and loving every second of chameleon heaven with all the worms and bugs everywhere to chow down on!

I know that feeling of the "gap" in your life. I dont think I can live without one ever again either.. my friends and family think im nuts and always say "those things require WAAAYY to much work" but thats really the fun in them.. the actual amount of work it takes to keep them healthy!

Please post some pictures of your next family member, we would love to see what you end up with. Try a panther out! It would be an understatement for me to say that the excitement of watching his colors come in is just awesome!

Thank you everyone...

CammieNLeno, I get the same thing! Why do you want one, they require too much work and time...And I feel the same way, Its like a hobby...Thats the fun is learning and aquiring the knwledge it take to keep them healthy...

So the only set back I am thinking to getting a Panther is the price of them...Only Because just like vields, they dont have like this big life expectancy...And since I will always want to own a chameleon, I just dont think I could afford buying a new 300 dollar chameleon every 5 years...And I KNOW if I have one one time, I will probably want Panthers forever cuz they are so BEAUTIFUL...I dunno...The Veilds are Gorgeous too...So I might just stick with them...I could afford to get one every 5 to 7 years when the other passes.

Which is another reason people are like, Why would you do this to yourself, You know they are just going to die in a couple years, Why put yourself through this upset that often....They just dont understand! I was pretty sad about him dying but....The coolnes they bring into yourlife the couple years you DO have them alive and thriving outweighs the sad couple days you go through when they die.

Thank you everyone...

CammieNLeno, I get the same thing! Why do you want one, they require too much work and time...And I feel the same way, Its like a hobby...Thats the fun is learning and aquiring the knwledge it take to keep them healthy...

So the only set back I am thinking to getting a Panther is the price of them...Only Because just like vields, they dont have like this big life expectancy...And since I will always want to own a chameleon, I just dont think I could afford buying a new 300 dollar chameleon every 5 years...And I KNOW if I have one one time, I will probably want Panthers forever cuz they are so BEAUTIFUL...I dunno...The Veilds are Gorgeous too...So I might just stick with them...I could afford to get one every 5 to 7 years when the other passes.

Which is another reason people are like, Why would you do this to yourself, You know they are just going to die in a couple years, Why put yourself through this upset that often....They just dont understand! I was pretty sad about him dying but....The coolnes they bring into yourlife the couple years you DO have them alive and thriving outweighs the sad couple days you go through when they die.

A friend of mine is selling some baby panthers for a price range that might be within your budget! Get in touch with joefarah here on the forums, I believe he will be ready to sell off the babies in another month or so, not sure the age of the second clutch he has.

Back
Top Bottom