R.I.P. Barbossa

After nearly 8 months of force feeding and watering and multiple medications for the treatment of coccidia, Barbossa died this morning. It's been several years since I lost a cham and after the effort put into this one, it's especially painful. :(:(:(:(:(:(:( He will be missed.

IMG_4422.jpg

That is so sad. Be comforted by the fact that you did all you possibly could for him and more. You are a great 'chamelemum'! I know how hard it is to lose a precious chameleon. :( My thoughts are with you. Rest in peace Barbossa.

Heather, My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how sad you are after caring for him for so long. Barbossa was such a handsome boy......may he now rest in peace. Jann

Heartfelt sympathy for your loss. You did the best you could for him and he lasted much longer if this had happened to him in the wild.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I just turned his lights off. For me, that is the hardest part. Very symbolic. I am sad but relieved that he is no longer suffering.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I just turned his lights off. For me, that is the hardest part. Very symbolic. I am sad but relieved that he is no longer suffering.

When I lost Lily the hardest part was walking past the empty cage every time I entered the room. It really does take a while to get over losing one - they are so much part of the everyday routine - you don't realise just how much until they are gone.:(

I am sorry you and Barbossa finally lost the battle. It is a heartbreak for me any time I lose an animal, so I know how you feel.:(

So sorry to hear of your loss. I have been force feeding mine for over a month now. I have had him to the Vet 2x;s etc. Do you know what was the cause of his death was?

This is hard for me to.....as I sold "Barbossa" to Heather. He was a very gentle big boy that loved to be held, whenever I opened his cage and put my hand in, he'd reach for it and he never gripped hard. I know Heather did everything she could for him, sometimes they just have "something" that isnt able to be cured no matter how hard u try.
I just wish that Id have known about this b4 I had sold him AND bought him from the breeder that had him AND most likely knew of this.........

This is hard for me to.....as I sold "Barbossa" to Heather. He was a very gentle big boy that loved to be held, whenever I opened his cage and put my hand in, he'd reach for it and he never gripped hard. I know Heather did everything she could for him, sometimes they just have "something" that isnt able to be cured no matter how hard u try.
I just wish that Id have known about this b4 I had sold him AND bought him from the breeder that had him AND most likely knew of this.........

Not your fault Brye. He certaintly did love being held. Rare for a chameleon. I'm glad we both had time with him, he was a great BIG cham! :)

Back
Top Bottom