Quick question for everyone.

tkalawart

I recently bought a panther from an online source that would be considered a more premium brand. Then I looked on other sights and some have sires that are similarley impressive for almost half the price. I don't have buyers remorse but are my concerns rational? Just looking for input I suppose.

I suppose they are if you are saying you paid alot more money and did not need to. As far as the sires go, I would say more chameleons don't look like their sires than do. Sure, we would all love them to look the picture but it doesn't always go that way. There are some that do however, I am just saying from what I have seen on here most don't end up looking as impressive as the sires that are used for breeding. Those are the cream of the crop so to speak...

Hmm

Well I don't know if I paid to much he was 300 and his father is from one of the preferred sites on here. (chameleonsonly, screameleons *would rather not specify). Is this what other people on here usually go to for their chams or am I just buying premium for the sake of buying premium? I don't know what he looks like yet cuz he comes tomorrow. I'm still very excited and I'll love him no matter what I'm sure but just seeing if there is a more insider market that I'm unaware of.

I suppose they are if you are saying you paid alot more money and did not need to. As far as the sires go, I would say more chameleons don't look like their sires than do. Sure, we would all love them to look the picture but it doesn't always go that way. There are some that do however, I am just saying from what I have seen on here most don't end up looking as impressive as the sires that are used for breeding. Those are the cream of the crop so to speak...

I suppose to put it best. Am I paying extra for the brand name and is there a sufficient difference?

that is about the going price. Maybe a little higher. I paid $275 so you are not far off. Sometimes you willpay more for the offspring of a particular sire and the males are usually more expensive too than the females. I know there is one breeder who is a sponsor who sells them cheaper than what we both paid. I wouldnt be too upset.

Sounds about right

Thanks carol that really helped me. I'm not at all worried I'm just really excited to get him!

Back
Top Bottom