Question on bars, and not the drinking establishment kinds

MarieMc44

Question on bars, and not the drinking establishment kind

Hello my Chameleon Loving friends!!

My Panther chameleon is 4 (soon to be 5) months old. Can someone tell me what color bars he will have... or is it too early to tell? The anticipation is killing me and I'm not good with surprises lol. Any insight would be fantastic!! Thanks!!

You can't see it in the picture, but his tail has red rings
(here's a link to his photos https://www.chameleonforums.com/spike-e-poo-141265/)

Attachments

• Spike08_4 mos.jpg
    Spike08_4 mos.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 233
  • Spike09_4 mos.jpg
    Spike09_4 mos.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
I've been wondering this same question. From what I read so far, they may change between blue and red as they grow. I have a picture I took May 15 next to a recent picture I took this past Sunday and there is a huge difference between them in just that short month. It's crazy but incredible.

You're little guy is pretty colorful already :) Please keep us updated with pictures so we can see him grow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 248
I've been wondering this same question. From what I read so far, they may change between blue and red as they grow. I have a picture I took May 15 next to a recent picture I took this past Sunday and there is a huge difference between them in just that short month. It's crazy but incredible.

You're little guy is pretty colorful already :) Please keep us updated with pictures so we can see him grow!

Hey, Mom!! Wow! That is quite the transformation in a very short period of time!! Do you have any info on the sire or dam? My husband got Spike at a reptile convention and didn't ask the appropriate questions so I've been trying to contact the breeder to see if he had any insight on Spike's genealogy.

I update Spike's pic thread practically every day!! It'll be nice to see his progress!!

Hey, Mom!! Wow! That is quite the transformation in a very short period of time!! Do you have any info on the sire or dam? My husband got Spike at a reptile convention and didn't ask the appropriate questions so I've been trying to contact the breeder to see if he had any insight on Spike's genealogy.

I update Spike's pic thread practically every day!! It'll be nice to see his progress!!

So your little guy is a real mystery. My panther comes from an orange line, so I'm expecting to see lots of orange. But I don't know what his mother looks like or his grandsire on his mother side. He came from Chimera Reptiles and his sire is Drogo, his mother Khaleesi (I never seen her picture).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 285
Here is an example of mine. When i first got him he was red barred. Now he is blue barred. http://imgur.com/a/64k53

Beautiful lil guy, BMO!! How old is he now? Are those recent pics? Do you have any juvenile pics? lol

From this pic, it appears that Spike's developing blue bars... I guess only time shall tell

Attachments

• Spike12_4 mos.jpg
    Spike12_4 mos.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 209
So your little guy is a real mystery. My panther comes from an orange line, so I'm expecting to see lots of orange. But I don't know what his mother looks like or his grandsire on his mother side. He came from Chimera Reptiles and his sire is Drogo, his mother Khaleesi (I never seen her picture).

That's awesome you have all that information on him... The guy hasn't gotten back to me re: his lineage so... I guess i'm just going to have to be patient :(

I love the orange guys with blue barring; that's gotta be one of my favorite morphs!!

The red bar pic is the earliest one I have of him. It's from the first day i got him. He was 4 months old then. The second picture is fairly recent and is what he looks like now at roughly 9 months in age.

The red bar pic is the earliest one I have of him. It's from the first day i got him. He was 4 months old then. The second picture is fairly recent and is what he looks like now at roughly 9 months in age.

Wow! Those are a lot of colors for a 4 month old!! Spike looks like he's beginning another shed so I'm excited what it'll bring!!

Update on Geneology!!

So the breeder finally got back to me from Dragon Fortress and gave me a bit of background on my Spike... It turns out that Spike's sire was a...*drum roll* red bodied blue barred wild caught Ambilobe!!

He recently had his 3rd shed at 4 (soon to be 5) months and the red is really starting to dominate his lil' body.

Attachments

• Spike13_4 mos.jpg
    Spike13_4 mos.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 211
Back
Top Bottom