question how can i tell if i have a gravid mt meru jackson cham??

cacoonkitty

hiya, i have recently obtained two 1 year old beautifull captive bred mt meru montanus dwarf jackson chams, a male and female from diffrent parents that at some point i want to try to breed... thing is i dont know if the female is acctualy already gravid, she is 1 year old and has been kept with a male at some point in the past but the breeder said the male was too young to be of breeding ability, but he did think there was a possibili that she was as she is a bit fat looking but he didnt see how!!...her colour is a pale beige with no dark markings unless she is pissed off and she has a touch of olive green on her lower half blending into the beige on her top half...she mainly hangs out on the top of her viv and sometimes moves right to the bottom for a bit and then moves to the top again like she is regulating her body temps or something, she is eating fine and seems content enough but is a bit chunky looking . i was wondering if anyone had any info or pictures of gravid and non gravid chams of this nature and also info on how to tell if she is or not and if any couler changes happen like in yemans cham females,i guess the male can tell if she is pregnant as he didnt responded to her when i put her in his viv for a few minutes the other day he just eye balled her and walked away looking hacked off!! haha. hes such a cutie i love them both they are fantastic!!!!. help would be great guys please!!!

Back
Top Bottom