Question about My panther's color

dmb

He shows amazing colors when he sleeps, hunting and going throw his enclosure but i was curious at what age will he permanently be these colors. He is 4 and 1/2 months old right now and when he basks he is still brownish.

Attached is photo of tonight.

Attachments

• DSC_1400.jpg
    DSC_1400.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 128
he's cute :)

they get more colourful with age. By the time he's a year old, you'll see him "wearing" his nice colours almost all the time. THey still change, and will go dark with trying to absorb heat, will change to show stress/excitement etc.

Everyone would love their chams to have their sleeping colors all day long as they are some of the prettiest ones they will display. You just have to be patient. Some grow and color up more quickly than others.

and many will keep changing colors throughout their lives, moving into a new phase every 6-12 months.

ya, thats true, they keep changing over time. I can think of a cham I had that was mostly teal with a few red-orange stripes at 12 months, and by the time he was 6 years he had lots of orange all over.

He's very pretty in that photo! Just wait. You'll literally wake up one day and not recognize your boy... :)

Just be patient and enjoy every second with your little friend. It will happen but once they're adults meaning 1+ year. In the mean time just keep doing a good job, hydrate him, feed him and give him love and you'll see his colors very soon haha

Back
Top Bottom