Pygmy Tongue Issue

ajacobson

So, a few times I saw one of my pygmys have a little tongue malfunction. It would like "barf" up its tongue but then it would go back in. I really don't know how to explain it any better than that. But he was fine, so I never thought it was an issue. Yesterday my husband told me he was watching the pygs and saw that boys tongue just hang out of its mouth. He said it looked like it was going to snap off, and that he misted him to see if it would go back in, and finally it did. My husb. said he thought that pyg was going to die. When I checked on him he was fine. Today I turned the light on and sure enough the pyg was dead. My husband just now was like "want to know something gross?" then he told me that the pygmys tongue was hanging off the branch in the back. It really was. Have any of you heard of anything like this before? I guess I should mention they were WC pygs.

Sorry to hear about your little chameleon.

It sounds like it was having a problem with its tongue...could have been an injury or an infection or a nutrient issue or something else. I would bet that it got stuck to the branch and ripped off. Maybe the trauma of the whole thing killed it...but its hard to be sure. It could have been hanging out because it was sick and dying too.

Back
Top Bottom