Pooping problems?

My veiled chameleon hasn't pooped in about a week and a half. Last time he pooped it was scarey to see how much was in him. Is there any tricks to help him poop. He is eating every day.

Try spraying him directly with warm water. It usually does the trick for me. Like an instant laxative. That is a long time to go without pooping if he is eating everyday. Are you sure some poop is not "hiding " in the cage somewhere? lol

Try spraying him directly with warm water. It usually does the trick for me. Like an instant laxative. That is a long time to go without pooping if he is eating everyday. Are you sure some poop is not "hiding " in the cage somewhere? lol
I have also heard hornworms do the trick.

When my guy wouldn't go for 3 or 4 days I would get worried & stick him in the shower for 10-15 mins. If he didn't go while he was in there he would the min I get him back to his cage. Now days I just make sure he showers about 3×'s a week, on top of reg daily mistings of course, and he doesn't have a problem going. I think it depends a lot on hydration. I believe I've read that putting them in a shallow bowl of warm water for a few mins could be helpful. If they will allow you to do so. I would check some older posts though & try to find out some better info before trying that. I dont remember the details & would hate to pass along incorrect info that could be more harmful than good. So look into it first. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom