Please Help

cassjkatz

I fear that my chameleon Hank will die. He is about 8 months old I believe and won’t eat. I put tons of crickets in his enclosure, but he wont go for any of them. He is incredibly lethargic and won’t open his eyes. He didn’t move from his spot all last night for 12 hours, so I moved him a bit lower down and now he just sat where I put him. He shied away from my spray bottle I use to water him, and then fell a bit so i put him on the lowest branch directly above the floor. I’m really scared, I’m not sure what caused this. Please help me!

I fear that my chameleon Hank will die. He is about 8 months old I believe and won’t eat. I put tons of crickets in his enclosure, but he wont go for any of them. He is incredibly lethargic and won’t open his eyes. He didn’t move from his spot all last night for 12 hours, so I moved him a bit lower down and now he just sat where I put him. He shied away from my spray bottle I use to water him, and then fell a bit so i put him on the lowest branch directly above the floor. I’m really scared, I’m not sure what caused this. Please help me!
If everything you are saying is true then no one on this site can help your Chamaeleon. Take him to a vet now !

If we don't know what temperatures and humidity levels he's living in, or what he's eating with what supplements we can't even guess what's wrong with him.
Those could be the symptoms of low calcium (MBD), low or high temperatures, impaction, the list goes on and on.

You need to call a vet right away! If you need help finding one we will help!

Try putting a worm in his mouth, if he doesnt chew get down and dirty. By that i mean cut the head off a mealworm and squeeze it into a syringe to give to him.

I am giving you this advice as a last resort to get Some sustenance into him to keep him alive. You ABSOLUTELY need to take him to a vet ASAP.

This is very stressful for the cham and should only ever be done as a last resort to keep him from wasting away if, and only if, you cant get him to a vet right away and you feel he wont make it.

Back
Top Bottom