plant light?

eldarado

incandescent plant light?

I have seen something at homedepot called a plant light..it is a inc.bulb so it should throw off heat..what do you guys think of this type of bulb?..it got a blue glow that looks great..and It should help the plants..150W Dayspot plant grow light
Dayspot incandescent grow lights are great for helping plants maintain healthy growth and overwintering light loving plants. Great for orchids, terrariums, bonsai and all houseplants. The bulbs are full spectrum daylight incandescents and have a long 3000 hour life. Dayspot lights available in 60 or 150 watts. Requires 110/120 volt outlet.
Dayspot Grow Light Kitshttp://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/l-dayspots.jpg

Last edited:
I am saying replace the regular light with a plant light..the cheap incandescent type of plant light..its regular blue bulb that says plant light on it..its only four dollars.but it is an incandescent so it should throw off heat plus help the plants..

I accidentally bought a compact uvb 5.0 bulb and I was wondering if you could use it as a plant light (not for ANY use with a chameleon or its enclosure because of the dangers). It's the UVA in the full spectrum bulbs that is more useful to plants, right?

uva and uvb is good for plants.. light in general for that matter is good for plants. did you want to put the compact on the chams cage?or just on the plants in a separate area? because compacts are not good for the chams..they are to tricky to get correct.. number one, they should be horizontal.. because when vertical they focus to much on one little area.. but it would be great for the plants by them selves .. I hope that helps..

I accidentally bought a compact uvb 5.0 bulb and I was wondering if you could use it as a plant light (not for ANY use with a chameleon or its enclosure because of the dangers). It's the UVA in the full spectrum bulbs that is more useful to plants, right?

very little UVB is absorb into the plants.
Yes, Plants generally need more of the UVA light for growth.
if your plants start to wither, shine the basking lamp to the plants and more watering (or less watering if that's the case).

I think UVB compact in general has a risk of harming your chameleon than it is helping your plants.
If you already have a UVB light on the cage, adding a new source means more UVB radiation (more UVB does not always mean better for chameleon or for your plants).

you will have better success in helping your plants grow by adding extra low wattage (40W) basking lamp.

Last edited:
I won't be using the compact fluorescent bulb anywhere near the chameleon, so no worries. I'm trying to build the perfect enclosure before I buy my chameleon!:) So exciting!
I was just thinking that instead of going through the trouble of returning the bulb I'll just use it for some indoor plants and buy the correct bulb for the enclosure. Thanks for the info! :D

I won't be using the compact fluorescent bulb anywhere near the chameleon, so no worries. I'm trying to build the perfect enclosure before I buy my chameleon!:) So exciting!
I was just thinking that instead of going through the trouble of returning the bulb I'll just use it for some indoor plants and buy the correct bulb for the enclosure. Thanks for the info! :D

How are you going to use the UVB compact for your plants but not within your chameleon's reach? I might miss something here.. are you using it outside of the cage?

I say just return it and use the money to get the right bulb :)

Yeah, I said I wouldn't use it anywhere near the chameleon or the plants in its enclosure. I'm just going to use it in a different room for my other house plants. So...nowhere near the chameleon or its enclosure. I don't have very much light in my house.

Back
Top Bottom