plant advice

adam1v

Im looking to decor out my new chams cage, which is 6ft tall.
I know the site has a big database of plants, but most of the plants ive found at the garden centers tend only to be smaller ficus variations, which are too small.

Can anyone recommend a larger plant, which is commonly available, (hopefully ebay?) and is standing something like 5-6ft tall?

I have a couple of Hibiscus in my large 8x6x4 that are pretty good size. I start with the smaller plants and set them on a plant stand or such to make them taller at first. The Hibiscus takes a good big of sun light. The ficus does better witout allot of sun. Jann

u guy are lucky. at all of my garden centers they only have 10 feet tall ficus and a hibiscus that is wider than 10 of my cages.

u guy are lucky. at all of my garden centers they only have 10 feet tall ficus and a hibiscus that is wider than 10 of my cages.

Home Depot and Lowes usually have BIG ficus.
I have trouble finding a small one actually.

Yeah.....the Lowes where I live had Ficus that weren't even two feet tall and then I went to Home Depot and the Ficus was was to big! (I brought it home and looked at the new cage then the ficus and said no way!)....I ended up returning the Home Depot Ficus and going to local plant store and I found several perfect sized Ficus for only $20! Now I have a three (and a little bit) foot Ficus in his new set up! He loves the tree! He climbed up in the middle of it and fell asleep :)

hi Adam,

Where are you from? in california there is a nursery chain called Armstrong's they usually have a wide variety of ficus sizes. i picked up 1 8" and 1 5" from there.

Back
Top Bottom