Pictures of herptiles in general (dial-up warning!)

Jonas

I thought it would be nice with a thread where you can show pics of all kinds of herps, pets or field-photos.

There is no proper category for it in the "general photography", and I think there might be more people than me who have a combined interest of both herps and photography. Do you think this thread is ok? If so, feel free to show your stuff.

I'll start off with some swedish animals:
A common european grass snake, or smooth snake (Natrix natrix)
76163797.jpg

European tree frog (Hyla arborea)
hylamg3180small.jpg

Common european adder/viper (Vipera berus)
img99372.jpg

mg2337web.jpg

A pic I took in Costa rica, gladiator frog (Hyla rosenbergi)
75162smaller.jpg

My madagascar tree boa (Sanzinia madagascariensis)
img4024.jpg

I took them all myself, so thanks.

I know there is a forum like that, but I honestly thought this is more a "general photography thing". A combination of the two would have been great.

Its different cameras I think, the grass snake was taken with an old pocket digital, completely useless in todays standards.
Then I think its canon 20D and 30D mostly. Dont know if the moled name is the same in the US, some models have their own names in the US.

Adding some pictures if it is allright.

Here is one of my old calyptratus females, she was a trooper.
gissartt10.jpg

A Dendrobates leucomelas, at a friends house.
gissaimg12331.jpg

A eyelash viper (Bothrops schlegeli) in Costa rica.
small7200k.jpg

A horned viper (Cerastes cerastes) in captivity.
2f728238b075be0de000c8591b4632e3.jpg

A mouse opossum (Marmosa mexicana) eating a lizard (Norops sp) in Costa rica.
img7558hdr.jpg

I will STOP here for now, hope you enjoy and or get inspired.
img8428.jpg

Very nice pics! who knew Viper Berus could be so attractive. I was just discussing them recently with a mate from Norway. Thanks for posting! :)

They can be quite polymorphic, males can usually get a nice blue and bright color in the spring and there are quite a lot of melanistic populations up north. All black berus is nice. I just dont have any pictures of those :(

Vipers usually make great photo subjects as they tend to lie still. The grassnakes takes a smelly dump on your face while spinning their tail lika a hellicopter before they take off in a hurry...

Back
Top Bottom