Pics of trip to arusha tanzania

Plants

Sure does, the foliage was pretty dense and I was suprised to see how high up the jacksons were in comparison to the rudis we found. The male jax we found were about 15-20 ft up while the rudis were about 1-2 ft off the ground some were even pretty much on the ground. Also as far as plants go I have been using confederate jasmine as it bushes out and creates alot of viney perches. I was a little hesitant at first though because when you break them open they create a milky substance(similar to ficus), but so far so good. Other plants of choice are pothos, Ali ficus(australian fig) and scheffelera abricolla(dwarf umbrella plant) all of the above clone very easy and are pretty hardy plants that can take a beating.

Attachments

• redrudisfem.JPG
    redrudisfem.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 165
Oweni

Those oweni pics were from a shipment that I brought in from cameroon. As far as I know probably the only live legal oweni brought into the US in the past 10 years. They are extremely secretive chameleons, very rare in the wild and are not easy to find nor keep in captivity. It will probably be quite some time until this species becomes available to the general public. here is a photo for you to enjoy.I have gotten in some females since and will try to dig up some photos.

Nick
FCR

Attachments

• DSCF1192.JPG
    DSCF1192.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 248
Thanks very much. There really aren't too many photos or much info available about them, as you know. Always cool to see the rare stuff. If they're not available for the public, does that mean you kept them? If so, best of luck breeding them.

Back
Top Bottom