Photos of my guy :)

studio2eight

This is Drama, my 17 week old Graceful. I got him at 13 weeks. Its amazing how much he's grown already. He doesn't run anymore when I open the door to feed & mist. He's come out twice to hang out on my head - which seems to be a common theme amongst chameleons :)

I was home sick last weekend and got to spend all day watching him. I usually only see him on the top 2 branches of his enclosure, but obviously I miss a lot while I'm at work. He was exploring all over, showing his beautiful green stripes and spots.

Below are some photos of his enclosure & him :)

Enclosure 1
cage_1.jpg

Enclosure 2
cage_2.jpg

First time in his new home.
drama13wks.jpg

In his favorite spot.
drama_tree_vert17wks.jpg

Getting ready for bed.
drama_tree_17wks.jpg

Peek-A-Boo!!
drama_peek-a-boo17wks.jpg

SPOTS! He's not too fond of my camera and huge lenses so I can never get him before his stripes disappear!
drama_spots.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words! I will make sure to get him some more cover this week and I'll repost pics!

He looks good, but I would add alot more foliage in that cage for him.

I went tonight after work and got him a Ficus. It was so big I split it in two and now he has something to hang out on when he wants to come out of his enclosure. I had to do some extra trimming to the top... he was getting too close to he heat light.

Let me know what you think!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345608795.640407.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345608816.840409.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345608834.404167.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345608847.289692.jpg
Checking out the new branches! I don't think I'll ever be able to find him again, lol.

Thanks! He seems to be enjoying it so far. He woke from his typical branch & ate this morning with no problems.

While I was tearing the tree apart and re-potting them last night, my husband walks in our apartment and stops dead, I guess I looked guilty and he started to rubber-neck near the chameleon cage. I said don't worry, I didn't get another creature, just a new tree!

He even held Drama as I was rearranging his 'space.' He is very tolerant of the chamy, but not so much of the crickets.

Ryan - your Graceful's are beautiful. How long have you had them? Do you have any tips or secrets to share on their care or keeping them happy? ;)

Updated Photos!

Here's a few updated photos of Drama.

drama20wks_megadeth.jpg

He came out for a little while. We started out watching Metallica.... when Megadeth took the stage, I swore I heard him say "Megadeth SUCK!'

drama_21wks_wtf.jpg

"WTH is it with you and that damn camera?!"

drama_21wks_branches.jpg

Lastly, my personal favorite of him so far :)

Updated Photos - 6 Month Mark!

I have had Drama now for 6 months, it's amazing to see the photos at the beginning of this thread, and to look at him now. He's so much more vibrant, physically and mentally. He even ate in front of me for the first time not too long ago - I could barely contain my excitement!! :D

These were taken November 23, 2012 (Same day as Pixel's).

_MG_2134_sm.jpg

_MG_2125_sm.jpg

_MG_2115_sm.jpg

_MG_2112_sm.jpg

_MG_2111_sm.jpg

_MG_2108_sm.jpg

Raik trying to help...
_MG_2102_sm.jpg

_MG_2090_sm.jpg

_MG_2085_sm.jpg

_MG_2079_sm.jpg

Back