panther chameleon breeding tips?

snipeusa14

Established Member
Hi guys it's me again with another question :p

Could all you experienced panther breeders give me some tips on breeding and incubating I know that basics but I know some people have thief own little tips and tricks that help them and the chams breed and developed nice healthy eggs so post some of your tips and tricks(if you wish)
And also what is the vest incubator I could get to incubate(I live in Florida, so i heard that I don't need one?)

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Could all you experienced panther breeders give me some tips on breeding and incubating I know that basics but I know some people have thief own little tips and tricks that help them and the chams breed and developed nice healthy eggs so post some of your tips and tricks(if you wish)
And also what is the vest incubator I could get to incubate(I live in Florida, so i heard that I don't need one?)

Thanks in advance,
Chris

I am new to the whole panther breeding too... But one thing I've learned is before putting the female and male together put their cages where they can see each other. The longer you can give them to get use to each other is better... One of my females were next to my male for atleast 5 months before I even tried to put them together. Which was worth the wait cause when they were finally put together it was like they were best friends... lol... and my other female had maybe a month next to my male before we put them together and it took her a while to calm down...

I am using a product called Hatch Rite for the eggs... I've talked to a few breeders that swear by it... To me its easy all you do is open the bag and pour theres no measuring and all that... Its not much but thats a little that I've learned... Hope it helps some... Feel free to ask questions, I'll try to help as much as I can... Good Luck...

Thanks in advance,
Chris

I live in Florida as well and have hatched many babies without using an incubator. We keep or cham eggs in a small closet where the tempature ranges from 72-80 degrees.

Here is a video I made a while ago about it. We use Hatchrite for our eggs BUT you can use vermiculite as well. Both hatchrite and vermiculite will need to have water added during the incubation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Rq-EzsBuY

As for getting health strong eggs.. It is VERY IMPORTANT that your female is in perfect health before you breed her. Weak or sick females will produce weak babies..

Your female will benefit form extra calcium while she is gravid. I use a liquid calcium that I get from my vet.. but I believe you can get some OTC.. It may be called "liquid sunshine' or something.

Lastly Here is a video on the difference between a female that is ready to breed and one who is not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yEzFSW1tB8

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom