Panther Cham with eggs ?

Callum1168

Oki so I've finally come to the conclusion the my Cham is a female. So now comes the question when will I know or how will I know when my Cham has her eggs and needs a bin. ?
What is the best way to set up a laying bin ?
And what extra care does she require ?

She will display gravid colours when carrying eggs! What chameleon do u keep? As for panthers when gravid I just keep everything the same the laying bin is in all year round, and I cover the females up when they go off the food to give her maximum privacy so she don't abandon the laying site/tunnel and become egg bound and I just dust all feeders with pure calcium only when gravid. It's important to know the soil/sand/compost/peat should be moist enought to hold a tunnel. But not two wet or too dry.
Not gravid
a7ytu9ug.jpg

Gravid
qesusu7e.jpg

Mark

Awesome pictures Mark. Thank you for showing the difference. I can't wait until mine start exhibiting those colors!

Oki so I've finally come to the conclusion the my Cham is a female. So now comes the question when will I know or how will I know when my Cham has her eggs and needs a bin. ?
What is the best way to set up a laying bin ?
And what extra care does she require ?
If you keep the temps low enough and don't overfeed her, she may never develop eggs. If you don't plan to breed her, that should be your goal. :)

Back
Top Bottom