our new addition to our family

She's adorable! I have a rescued brindle boxer girl, and because she had a black face (now it's grey with distinction) people would shy away from her, even though she'd rather lick them to death than anything else. Thank you again for rescuing her - she looks very happy in her home!

She's adorable! I have a rescued brindle boxer girl, and because she had a black face (now it's grey with distinction) people would shy away from her, even though she'd rather lick them to death than anything else. Thank you again for rescuing her - she looks very happy in her home!

Thx! It's funny but we are truly blessed to have received such a good dog. She's happy and we're happy. :)

we get each other. :)

Attachments

• 485930_132086496970078_1322559258_n.jpg
    485930_132086496970078_1322559258_n.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 98
lol. yea, it is a shame. the rescues have a lot of pits. either full or mixed. the shelter we got macie from said she was a pit + terrier mix but there's no terrier or other breeds in her. she's a full pit for sure. it's funny b/c when i walked my rottee and now my pit, people walking their fluffy retrievers, labs and poodles cross the street to go to the other side. i think it's hilarious they won't even cross paths w/ my dogs.

Here's macie today watching people walk by. :)

View attachment 74885

Her expression is so cute.

I am one of those people with a big fluffy retriever looking thing and I do stop and let other dogs of all sizes pass first when I notice their owners do NOT have full control over their dog. Too many times dogs of ALL sizes have lunged at us. I avoid dogs that walk too excitedly in front of their owners (ESPECIALLY on a flexi/retractable leash) I will not walk near them. But people cross the street when they see my dog too, I think it's cuz she's just big :rolleyes:

But a general tip is... unless the dog (big or small) is at a heel and walking next to the owner at their pace...it's safer to let them pass or walk across the street.

Back
Top Bottom