Old man

thewise21

Hey guys I got an older chameleon from some one that couldn’t care for them any longer. Don’t like to say rescue because I feel he was well taken care of. He is 6 -7 years old and lately has gotten very slow moving and hanging out at bottom with sunken eyes. He never was a big eater and still ate the other day. He seems to be passing. Just curious if at some point old age is just the reason. Everything is on point lighting humidity food supplements all remain the same in past 2-3 years. He is a part of our family and want to make him comfortable if there is no reasoning besides old age.

Hey guys I got an older chameleon from some one that couldn’t care for them any longer. Don’t like to say rescue because I feel he was well taken care of. He is 6 -7 years old and lately has gotten very slow moving and hanging out at bottom with sunken eyes. He never was a big eater and still ate the other day. He seems to be passing. Just curious if at some point old age is just the reason. Everything is on point lighting humidity food supplements all remain the same in past 2-3 years. He is a part of our family and want to make him comfortable if there is no reasoning besides old age.
I would love to see a picture of your guy

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 42
He has had lip issue since born the lady hatched him and has pics of lip when he was a baby. Brought him to vet to check out when I first got him over 2 years ago and he wasn’t really eating . Got him eating free ranging and actually being a chemeleon. His probably 6-7 years old

Yes it is chewy is his name and he has seen a vet. Got him on emergency feed and giving water through syringe which he takes.

I am hurting cause I can’t help him anymore and just want info from people who have not experience with seeing them through a full life. He ate beginning of last week and now won’t even look at hornworms which was his favorite.

I am hurting cause I can’t help him anymore and just want info from people who have not experience with seeing them through a full life. He ate beginning of last week and now won’t even look at hornworms which was his favorite.
This may be a sore subject but if he's suffering putting him down may be the most mature thing to do and I know it'll be hard but we'll all be here for you

I’m so very sorry that your old guy isn’t doing so well. Obviously he’s been very well loved and cared for to have made it to being this old. Unfortunately, time catches up with all living creatures and there comes a time to say goodbye. Without a vet visit and probably labs, there’s no way to determine what is going on. However, as a hospice nurse I do know that nothing/no one ever dies from just old age. It is usually an organ that fails that results in passing away…whether it be heart, kidneys, etc. The body just gets old and something stops working.
You may want to have a hospital bin ready for him just in case. He seems to be dangling his right back leg and may start having grip problems. Passing away naturally isn’t necessarily painful, but if you think he’s suffering at all, a humane euthanasia would be best. Prayers for your sweet old man and everyone who loves him. ((( 💗 )))

Oh man this made me teary eyed. You gave him a good life. You and chewy are in my prayers 💚

Back
Top Bottom