OK more female veiled help please.

RealIzeRecognIze

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species: veiled, sex: female, and age of your chameleon: 6-7 months. How long has it been in your care? almost 5 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never with my hands
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Dubias, crickets, horn, silk, phoenix worms, occasionally kale/ squash. What amount? 5 feeders a day What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Dinofuel/bugburger. carrots, squash, kale, grapes, cherries, blueberries.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? rep-cal-cium at most feedings. Flukers D3 and rep-cal herptivite mid month and at the end of month.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Mist, dripper How often and how long to you mist?3-4 times a day. Around 5 mins. Do you see your chameleon drinking?occasionally
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? brown/black and white. NO
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? screen, 2x2x4
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 12% d3+ arcadia lighting.(recently bought)8-9 and I try to stimulate dawn and dusk.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? 80-83 cham temp basking. Around 68-70 on lowest point. Lowest overnight temp?70-68. How do you measure these temps? Temp gun
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? between 30-60 percent whenever I mist.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? hanging pothis and schflerra
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In my room. No traffic. and about 6 and half foot off floor on a stand.
Location - Where are you geographically located?GA US

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Camille has been showing "gravid" colors for almost a month now, so I've assumed she was prego. She wouldn't eat a lot every other day or so.. pacing around. showing blues, gold, green, black bars even when I was unseen and just sitting there basking she still does show these colors. I have a laying bin in her cage that doesn't seem to have been touched. She is starting to get a little more chunky looking towards the rear end but is basking more and the last two days has really been interested in food, yet I haven't been trying to overfeed her. Any ideas?? I'm still pretty much new to chams and this is my first female egg experience..
DSCF3484.jpg

It sound like maybe you have seen receptive colours but not gravid ones......can you give us a close up pic of her? She might be cooking some eggs if she is getting chunkier though, getting ready to lay she would usually go off food for a few days and start pacing around/scratching the floor.

I cant lol shell turn black and blow sideways on her branch. She has been displaying these colors all month. only blue and golds when she is pacing around but black bars and dots while basking. She wasnt interested in food at first but has now been very excited for it the past two days now. She is only pacing circles around the top and barely roaming the bottom.. wont even look at her laying bin.. that I know of.
Ill try to get a close up though.

I think David has the right idea. My girl has blue spots all over and lovely orangey golds and blue patches too. I've seen two different vets for other issues lately and asked them to check for eggs. Neither of them can feel any so blues and golds don't mean gravid. Some females don't show gravid colours but when they do it's black body with neon blue and gold and they'll stay like that for a while from what I see. Some of them even stay those colours after they've laid for a while.

I think David has the right idea. My girl has blue spots all over and lovely orangey golds and blue patches too. I've seen two different vets for other issues lately and asked them to check for eggs. Neither of them can feel any so blues and golds don't mean gravid. Some females don't show gravid colours but when they do it's black body with neon blue and gold and they'll stay like that for a while from what I see. Some of them even stay those colours after they've laid for a while.

She is always like this color though! Even when I'm not around and she used to go lay down right when her basking light went off but now she just roams around til the UV B goes out showing blacks and greens. I don't see her scratching to get out or digging but it makes me wonder why she kind of went lethargic for awhile? I never spoiled her with treats or anything. Unfortunately I cant feel for eggs because she has been a little more hissy and has always not liked to be touched or held. I am just hoping it is all over soon and is just egg production.

And thank you:D I love her with all my heart. I was in shock when she lit up like that for the camera. Before I got those pics she was hiding sideways with a dark dark green along with blues and golds you described as "gravid":rolleyes: confusing little girl..

Yeah, she's just growing up and putting on her make-up to look sexy for the boys :) It's time to limit food intake to try and prevent unnecessary eggs. She won't thank you for it but she'll live longer. I feed 3 or 4 small/medium items every day to Jasmine, and she gets a few stick insects as treats because I'm too soft on her :)

Wandering around frantically can also be a sign of being receptive. She could be searching for a mate :) also is it possible she's going through the dreaded terrible teens? I have a human in my house going through that just now and it ain't pretty! :D

Yeah, she's just growing up and putting on her make-up to look sexy for the boys :) It's time to limit food intake to try and prevent unnecessary eggs. She won't thank you for it but she'll live longer. I feed 3 or 4 small/medium items every day to Jasmine, and she gets a few stick insects as treats because I'm too soft on her :)
This is what I have figured lol. I started lowering food intake around 5 months of age but it is hard now to keep a schedule because of her being a picky eater atm which she never was! Is 3-4 small medium everyday a good schedule throughout the females life?
I'm sure it is a "teen" thing AngieL. I just cant entice her to come out with food:/ so angry lol and sorry for the hectic maturing of teens in your house as well!

Is 3-4 small medium everyday a good schedule throughout the females life?
A lot of people recommend feeding up to 8 every other day, but Jasmine wants food every day so I do it like that. Either way is fine. If you have a picky girl then every other day might be better.

Well she didn't used thinkin be picky... but I might have to do every other day since enticing her with food is the only way I can get her outside lol.
And you say everything looks good as far as husbandry?? So you wouldn't see anything to worry about? Unless she begins sleeping early or somethin.

Well she didn't used thinkin be picky... but I might have to do every other day since enticing her with food is the only way I can get her outside lol.
And you say everything looks good as far as husbandry?? So you wouldn't see anything to worry about? Unless she begins sleeping early or somethin.

I can think of literally nothing to recommend to help you, it all looks ideal to me. You have less than nothing to worry about right now, she looks gorgeous :D Here is a pic of my Jasmine when she was around that age - https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/davidbuchan-albums-jasmine-picture11805-a.html

Back
Top Bottom